Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A New Dog

Options
  • 17-08-2005 10:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭

my dog died there last may(coincidently 13years exactly after we got her) and my family want to get a new dog now but i dont want to because it feels like we're just replacing that dog which i dont want to do. any suggestions?

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I'm sorry to hear about your dog. I know it is very hard but perhaps the other members of your family feel a need for a dog and wish to get a new one.

And there are a lot of dogs out there who need homes. Maybe you could encourage them to get a rescue dog who needs a loving home, then you would be getting it to help a dog rather than to replace your old one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Very sorry about the loss of your dog.

But getting another one wont mean that the new dog will just replace your old one. The memories of that dog will always stay with you.

Dogs are such different individuals, all little characters of their own ...the new dog would only create its own individual memorable moments and not "overwrite" any of the other dogs history.

You might want to consider that and give another dog a chance of a happy life.

Advertisement