Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Underground Bases

Options
  • 17-08-2005 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭

I have quite a penchant for these American beauties. Particularly the Dulce Complex, Montauk Point and Denver Airport.

Anyone hear about these places? Some creepy stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Just thought I'd throw in a few links for reference

Dulce:
    http://www.subversiveelement.com/Dulce.html

Montauk
    http://www.apfn.org/apfn/montauk.htm

Denver Airport
    http://www.anomalies-unlimited.com/Denver_Airport.html

There's many more out there so have a look conspiracy buffs.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I've read about Montauk before. I'd highly recommend Preston Nichols book The Montauk Project: Experiments in Time. It's very well written and as fantastic as the story seems, it makes it sound pretty believable. Even if it's not the kind of thing you'd be likely to believe it's still a hell of a read as a work of fiction.

There's another good page for it at CrystalLinks, the interview linked at the bottom goes into a good bit of detail.

Yeah, I've read both the book and page. Quite interesting stuff indeed. Some the accounts of the visits by investigators are very weird.

The recent facts about the base (Montauk) are thought provoking too, for example the need for several gigawatts of power in a supposedly inactive base.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭SixShot

Strange That its only In America What Happend Roswell & Area 51 or are they the same Place's

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Roswell is in new mexico.

Area 51 is where the stealth fighter was developed. is in Nevada
    http://www.abovetopsecret.com/pages/area51.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I've read two of the links above Deluce and Denver Airport OMG they're really scary Like I said in a different thread ... Somebody has been given too much power...

If its true OMG... But if it's a work of Fiction thats fantastic

Here a few of the less spoken about bases, bit of a long post but worth the read if you're interested.

New York City
    There is an entrance to the tunnels in New York City "in the vicinity of Midtown Manhattan that can be reached through an abandoned elevator shaft that only very few know about

The Nahanni Valley (Canada) Entrance
    This covers 250 square miles in the southern end of the Mackenzie Mountains of Canada. It lies almost 550 miles due west of Fort Simpson on the Mackenzie River of northwest Canada. Hot springs and sulfur geysers keep the valley warmer than the surrounding areas by about 30 degrees year -round (the valley is above 60 degrees latitude), making it perpetually mist-covered. This valley is inhabited only by animals as people entering the valley are usually found headless and quite dead. The Indian tribes of the area avoid this valley. (These tribes include the Ojibways, the Slave, the Dogribs, the Stoney, the Beavers and the Chipweyans.) This valley is often referred to as "the Valley of the Headless Men.

The Liyobaa Cave Entrance
    This was sealed off by Catholic Priests who believed it to be an entrance to "Hell." "The village of 'Liyobaa' or to translate, 'The Cavern of Death,' was located in the province of Zapoteca, somewhere near the ancient village of 'Mictlan' or the village of the 'Underworld.

"The Cavern of Death was actually located in the last chamber of an eight chamber building or temple. This temple had four rooms above the ground and four more important chambers built below the surface of the Earth. This building was located in "Theozapotlan," and the tunnel entrance led one beneath a mountain.

The Maltese Cave Entrance
    This entrance is located on the island of Malta, near the small village of "Casal Paula." (This village is built on the "Corradino" plateau, and overlooks the capitol town of Malta, "Valletta," as well as Grand Harbour.) In 1902, workmen digging a well in Casal Paula fell into a subterranean cavern. The well was being dug for a house on "Hal Saflienti," the main street in Casal Paula. The cavern the workers had fallen into connected with an entire complex of caves and tunnels. This entrance is known as the "Hypogeum of Hal Saflienti." (In Latin, "Hypogeum" is the name for an underground structure.) "The tunnels under the Hypogeum have been sealed off even since a school took 30 students into the caves and disappeared, guide and all. Search parties were never able to locate any trace of the people and children.

The Staffordshire, England Entrance
    Somewhere in Staffordshire, England, a lonely field exists in which a laborer discovered a large iron plate beneath the dirt. The "hatch" was large and oval, with an iron ring mounted on it. This entrance led into the tunnels. The field is in a valley surrounded on almost all sides by woods. The laborer was digging a trench for some purpose. The incident was reported in "A History of Staffordshire" by Dr. Plot, who wrote the book in the late 1700s. It may be possible to find the entrance if it can be ascertained exactly which valley the laborer was digging in.

Death Valley, CA. Entrance.
    Local Indian legends speak of a tunnel that runs beneath the desert. (Note: The book "Death Valley Men," tells the story of 3 people who are supposed to have found an underground city connected with this tunnel, and who actually took treasures from it. The entrance to the Death Valley Tunnel is in the Panamint Mountains down on the lower edge of the range near Wingate Pass, in the bottom of an old abandoned shaft. The bottom of the shaft is collapsed, opening an entrance into a large tunnel system containing much treasure. These tunnels connect with the surface also through arches (like large windows) in the side of the mountain and they look down on Death Valley. They're high above the valley now, but they were once on the edge of the water, and were accessed by boats. The "windows" in the Death Valley side of the Panamint Mountains are about 4,500-5,000 feet above the bottom of Death Valley, and are across from Furnace Creek Ranch. From these openings you can see the green of the ranch below you and Furnace Creek Wash across the valley. (So, with high-powered binoculars or a telescope, you should be able to see the openings from the Furnace Creek Ranch, or Wash.) You can drive down Emigrant Canyon towards Death Valley. You can then park beside the road between Furnace Creek Ranch and the Salt Bed. (From here, the windows should be visible through binoculars.) Indian legends of the Paiutes Indians speak of the people who used to live in the Panamint's caverns.

The Mt. Shasta, CA Entrance
    There are tunnels beneath Mt. Shasta that lead to a UFO base there, as well as tunnels that connect with the vast world-wide tunnel network. The Lemurian city "Telos" is said to exist beneath Mt. Shasta. William Hamilton has done much research on Mt. Shasta and the tunnels. He has privately published a book entitled "Alien Magic" 249 North Brand Boulevard, Suite 651 Glendale, CA 91203

The Brown Mountain Entrance
    Brown Mountain is in North Carolina near Morganton. Morganton is "about 15 miles north of an actual highway marker which has been posted by the state providing any visitor the best view" of Brown Mountain. Brown Mountain is an area in which many strange lights have been seen. There are entrances that lead inside the mountain to an isolated (?) Alien base.

Canadian UFO Bases
    Entrances at Lake Ontario possible underwater UFO bases/cities. Toronto Tunnels leading to subterranean city. Newfoundland Condemned Iron Mine connects with tunnels. Lake Ontario "Lights" Orange-colored spheres have been seen coming out of/diving into Lake Ontario. The area of highest activity is between Oakville and Toronto. There may be a connection to the Lakeview Hydro-electric plant, as many of these UFOs have been seen heading in that direction. (Note: "The Great Lakes Triangle" by Jay Gourley would be interesting reading for more information about UFOs, etc. in the Great Lakes area.)

Toronto Entrance
    There is a small opening to the underground tunnels off Parliament Street in downtown Toronto. (The entrance is between two apartment buildings, and leads to the tunnels via the sewers.) The underground city (abandoned?) beneath Toronto has its center beneath Gerrard Street and Church Street. Above this area, strange magnetic effects have been observed. (Note: This corner of Gerrard & Church streets has a higher accident rate than anywhere else in Toronto. It is believed that underground equipment utilizing powerful magnetic fields (which have caused many strange magnetic effects in houses near this intersection) are responsible for the bizarre equipment failures that often are the cause of these accidents.) The Indians near Toronto have legends of these tunnels.

Newfoundland Iron Mine Entrance
    After one of the Iron Mines in Newfoundland Province had been dug deeper than any other, strange happenings caused the mine to be shut down. The mining town in which this mine is located is near the Newfoundland-Quebec Border. This mine, having been condemned, is off-limits, and the police DO enforce this. Sneaking in late at night seems to be the only way to gain entrance.

BRAZIL
    One tunnel in Brazil is near Ponte Grosse in the state of Parana. (Fruit orchards were seen here.) Another entrance in Brazil is near Rincon, state of Parana. Also, in the state of Santa Catarina, Brazil, near the city of Joinville there is a mountain containing an entrance to the tunnels. (Santa Catarina is an area alive with subterranean activity, including strange 'singing' from underground.) Another entrance in Brazil is in the state of Sao Paulo near Concepiao. Still another entrance in Santa Catarina near Gaspar has subterranean fruit orchards. "The states of Santa Catarina and Parana, Brazil are honeycombed by a network of Atlantean tunnels that lead to subterranean cities."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Not too sure about Montauk. Some of the stuff I've read on that has been....dodgy.
    But the really secret bases, weve probably never heard about ;)
    I don't see any mention of Mt Weather?

Montauk is open for definate dodginess especially the "created a monster with his mind" scenario but I've read quite a few thought provoking things about it. Namely the recent odd goings on.

I haven' mention Mt. Weather because I'm thinking of starting a second thread about FEMA and Mt. Weather and the impending "Federal Emergency"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

The Gnome wrote:
    New York City
    There is an entrance to the tunnels in New York City "in the vicinity of Midtown Manhattan that can be reached through an abandoned elevator shaft that only very few know about

Deus Ex, anyone?

About Dulce. I read that the supposed site is on an Indian Reservation, has been approved for mineral prospecting, and is near a seismic fault. This last means a base would show up on seismic equipment, and why would they allow mineral prospecting when drilling holes could turn up an underground complex?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Not too sure about Montauk. Some of the stuff I've read on that has been....dodgy.

Just ordered Berlitz's book The Philadelphia Experiment today, ahh some light conspiracy reading on the way! :)

I remember reading Berlitz's 'The Bermuda Triangle' and 'Without A Trace' when I was in primary school, the chapters mentioning The Philadelphia Experiment were memorable and weird! Didn't know he wrote a book about it.
    Let me know what its like.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

I remember reading Berlitz's 'The Bermuda Triangle' and 'Without A Trace' when I was in primary school, the chapters mentioning The Philadelphia Experiment were memorable and weird! Didn't know he wrote a book about it.

Will do, once amazon get it out to me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

That was very strange. I read it about a year ago, but even though it's among the crazier ideas, there's a lot to the idea of ancient (or pre-ancient) civillizations with advanced technology.

This is kind of off topic, is there enough interest in this to warrent a new thread?

Undergod wrote:
    That was very strange. I read it about a year ago, but even though it's among the crazier ideas, there's a lot to the idea of ancient (or pre-ancient) civillizations with advanced technology.

This is kind of off topic, is there enough interest in this to warrent a new thread?

Piri Re'is Map anyone? ;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

http://www.thephiladelphiaexperiment.com

Undergod wrote:
    there's a lot to the idea of ancient (or pre-ancient) civillizations with advanced technology.
    Such as the The "Nazca lines" in Peru?
    19991012-landscapebig.jpg
    http://www.crystalinks.com/nasca.html

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

The Gnome wrote:
    New York City
    http://www.nationalgeographic.com/features/97/nyunderground/docs/wat100.html
    The tunnels are about 800 feet below street level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Just finished reading http://www.subversiveelement.com/Dulce.html
    Very interesting read, going to have a search around and see what else I can find.

Actually, would someone care to list a few good books that are worth reading about this topic?Much appreciated.

EDIT: Has anyone read anything by an author called "Commander X", if so was it any good?

Hey rb,
    read a good bit of commander x's stuff, some of it is good although he seems to go a little of the wall toward the end.

On another note, relating to the ancient civilisations i remember reading about something beneath Tara. Memory is a bit sketchy but i'll try dig it up again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement