Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turkmenistan

Options
  • 17-08-2005 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I am probably going to make Turkmeinstan my next little trip and I was wondering if anyone had been there. I'd love to hear any advice anyone had to offer.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭dmck2886

Why do you want to go there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Cos theres no Irish ppl! Seriously though I always try to head off the beaten track when I travel, just thought maybe someone had been there before

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Heh I like that idea too. going places unsual is much more interesting since no one ever goes there. :) I went to finland. Very few people go there really from Ireland. Most would look more middle to south europe really for holidays.

Ry

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

From what I've heard it's not somewhere I'd go! My uncle was there on business and he told some very interesting stories! E.g. Visitors were told not to leave their hotels after 9pm and if they wanted fresh air or whatever, they weren't to cross the road if it was dark due to the risk of them getting shot! Also the police force aren't very welcoming. Off the beaten track is one thing, but I certainly wouldn't go there for a relaxing break!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Cool, I'm definitely off there so! And if this doesn't pique your interest I don't know what will, this lad's a complete nutter, we'll get on like a house on fire!!
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4190148.stm

• Advertisement
Advertisement