Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T.O - worth all the hassle?

Options
  • 16-08-2005 10:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭

Hes a character i will give him that. Is all the trouble he causes worth it though? After signing a 7 year deal a year or so ago, he now wants a new one. Asked to leave the training camp for a week after a row with ried. Him and Mcnabb are excactly the best of mates either.

If you where coach would you keep him? No doubting his talent, but surely there's only so much you can take even if he is one of the best i nthe business?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Boomer23

not a chance, out the door, and trade for a early first round pick and maybe a backup so the depth charts dont suck

theres no doubt about his talent, he is by FAR the best WR in the NFL, i think he is even miles ahead of Moss! when he is training and playing he is incredible, his dedication is 2nd to none, but his problem is when he has 30 to think or open his mouth (which never happen at the same time) that he becomes such a problem.

i couldnt have a player in my team like that, no matter how good they are....Shaq took a paycut to stay in Miami, Shevchenko refused millions at Chelsea to follow his heart at Milan, but this twat, 1 year into his contract, is showing that there is no place for this crap in sport

he lacks respect for the sport, the coach, his TEAM mates, the Eagles Organisation and Fans (blue collar fans at that), his family, and HIMSELF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 dwayne

There is no way any team in the NFL would give up a 1st round pick for Terrell Owens. In fact, I doubt many teams at the minute would be willing to offer anything for him. He'll stay an Eagle this season, in all likelihood, and be gone by the end of the year.

I'd also dispute that he is by far the best receiver in the NFL....Randy Moss, Marvin Harrison, Chad Johnson, Andre Johnson, etc. aren't very bad at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 RosConor

T.O. is pretty much a timebomb waiting to explode. He's the kinda guy that can disrupte the whole flow of a team. Look what happened to my beloved 9ers! I'd say let someone else deal with him.

To be fair, it wasn't Terrell Owens who detsroyed the 49ers. In fact, he had very little to do with iht. Sure, the drops and the attitude weren't the best.

But Donohue and York are to blame for the horrendous past 2 seasons, along with the disastrous hiring of Erickson.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Him and Mcnabb are excactly the best of mates either.

I thought McNabb and TO were at loggerheads?

They've made up now.

He's too much of a mé féiner, though. Not a team player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

I think TO is the best in the league.
    He shows more power a tenacity when going after a catch then the likes off Moss and Harrison, and can then round around, or through the secondary.

If you watched the superbowl, you'd have seen that the Pats secondary never actually tackled TO, they continously pushed him out of bounds cause he had too much upper body strength, and this was while he was recovering from injury.

Saying that though, I wouldn't have him. Give me Chad Johnson/Moss/Harrison anyday over TO. He's too much of a disruption, and he's dragging the image of the team down with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭Lothaar

BizzyC wrote:
    Give me Chad Johnson/Moss/Harrison anyday over TO. He's too much of a disruption, and he's dragging the image of the team down with him.

Dude, Johnson and Moss are nearly as bad. Johnson is a total me feiner. Remember all the trouble he caused with the pepto-bismol stunt and the mobile phone in the goalpost, etc? And Moss...???? He walked off the pitch with time still on the clock in an important game for the Vikings last year. That's as bad as anything TO has ever done. TO may have a disruptive personality, but he does want to win.

I'd take Harrison over the lot of them, though ;)

Joe Horn had the cell phone incident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Slow coach wrote:
    I thought McNabb and TO were at loggerheads?

was meant to type arent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Padwick

I'd take TO over Randy Moss any day as he gives it all out on the field, whereas Moss plays whichever plays he wants to.
    But then again, there are 3 or 4 receivers in the league I'd take over TO anyway. But the Eagles knew they were getting trouble as well as talent when they signed him (he signed for them by backing out of a deal to the Ravens) and they can't get anyone better so the need to keep him happy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Boomer23

if anyone can handle him though, its Andy Reid, he takes no b/s and will get the best out of T.O.

i dont like the chap, but have you seen a WR since Jerry Rice thats been this much of a deep threat? this dedicated ON the pitch? this strong?

the sad, but simple answer is no

Advertisement