Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which books?

Options
  • 16-08-2005 6:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

I need some help with beginner's books that I can purchase! Allready checked the resource thread, but could not find anything exact. I'm looking for fictional literature that is, and poetry too! I've realised that I need to read more than what is in the book I use! Please help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

You could try some of the books for kids/teenagers on here: http://www.leabhar.com/books.htm

Or take a look around litriocht.com: http://www.litriocht.com/shop/

This one, for example, is supposed to be for learners although I don't know if it's at the right level for you. How advanced are you? If you're just starting out, it might be better to stick with newspapers and so on. (You can get a subscription for the weekly paper Foinse here, for example).

This would give you a taste of Irish poetry and it's bilingual with English translations. Or you could try more modern stuff with this blinigual collection of poems by Nuala Ní Dhomhnaill. It really depends what your own tastes are.

Bilingual books are handy for getting a taste of literature in a new language without running to the dictionary all the time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Gwyllin

Thanks, that suits me well! The poetry collections look fantastic! Thank you so much for your help!

"Bilingual books are handy for getting a taste of literature in a new language without running to the dictionary all the time!"

You're so right! I've been through that earlier and never again! ;)

Advertisement