Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where would you invest 70K?

Options
  • 15-08-2005 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭

Ive seen some threads here for 40 and 50K investments but where would you invest your money if you had a bit extra? Say 70K?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

Give it to me !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

I would go with one of them threads where you saw 40 or 50k investment ideas, except I would invest 40k on the 40k investment idea, and then the other 30k, on a 40k investment idea but with only 3/4 the amount.

Get some ****in initiative, and grow some balls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Alpha505

Baz_ wrote:

Get some ****in initiative, and grow some balls.

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭TheLedge

If somebody 'recommends' a 3% online savings account I'm going to explode.

Best advice is to hedge your bets, like in the other posts about 40/50k. then maybe buy a nice car.

...then grow some balls!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭jay567

If your looking to put it away for a few years and not have to think about it, check out what eagle star has on offer. Ive compared most in the market and their 5 star packages are doing well, im in one myself.

Its alot of money, dont let it overwhelm u. be cleaver but enjoy it too.

Go down to each of the different banks out there and explaine to them u have 70 g and looking to do something with it. Watch them become all nice and helpfull. Dont commit to any of them, just collect what they have to offer then spend a couple of weeks going through them. just dont drop it all in the one place!

Good luck !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

A no-brainer if it happens will be to stick the money in a special savings account when the current scheme expires. I'd say there's a good chance they'll do it again.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭super123

Ive seen some threads here for 40 and 50K investments but where would you invest your money if you had a bit extra? Say 70K?

Alpha when are you going to post something intelligent????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Alpha505

super123 wrote:

Alpha when are you going to post something intelligent????????

Would ya ask my left ball you twat.

Ya mean intelligent like THIS ?

Thanks to the rest of you for a constructive post ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Thread locked.

Behave people or I'll start handing out bans. Weedhead, don't bother posting here if you don't have anything interesting to say.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement