Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Box of the Banned

Options
  • 15-08-2005 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭

On 19 Sep 2005 Anchor Bay UK will be releasing the Box of the Banned.

http://www.anchorbay.co.uk/perl/search.pl?CO=ABD4437

"For the first time ever together - six of the most shocking, depraved and corrupt movies which were banned under the Obscene Publications Act during 1983/4 - Along with an all-new feature length documentary Ban The Sadist Videos which was a headline for the Daily Mail at the height of the frenzy. Films include: I Spit on Your Grave,Zombie Flesh-Eaters,The Driller Killer,The Evil Dead,
    Last House on the Left and Nightmares in a Damaged Brain"

I think I'm gonna have to buy this!

Another one to look out for is the Phantasm 1-4 (5 disc set) on the 31 Oct 2005.

http://www.anchorbay.co.uk/perl/search.pl?CO=ABD4430

X

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

That Phantasm box set sounds like fun...I still would've liked to see the version of Phantasm V that was discussed and apparently even scripted, but apparently aside from the budget problems, Angus Scrimm isn't that interested in doing it, and you just know it'd suck without him as the Tall Man.

Box of the Banned....hmmm, will decide closer to the release date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

I really don't get what 'Last House on the Left' is considered to be a good horror film -- it's like 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre', it's banned so it must be good, right?! :rolleyes:

Got 'Last House on the Left' on R1 DVD a few years ago, it was very disappointing, I wouldn't waste my time! Haven't seen any of the others, but wouldn't be too swayed to get the set tbh.

Love Phantasm though, and how cool is that box?! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

All those movies are absolute ****. I spit on your Grave - ****. Driller Killer - ****. Last House on the Left - ****!

Zombie Flesh Eaters is okay, very gory but crap otherwise. Evil Dead is naturally brilliant but thats about it.

Whats with this box of the banned? These films have been available for years on dvd at dirt prices. So why now, they repackage it and flog it for a rip off price?

The Phantasm box set though, I may have to get...

All those movies are absolute ****

I've only seen one, but I'd agree on that one!

Phantasm set looks great -- I wonder if that's just a prototype and the actual box for retail will be a nasty looking copy of it? :confused:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

I rember seeing Driller Killer in a friends house when I was 8 years old, back when ET was a new release. I thought it was great then. It probabaly explains how I turned out the way I did.

• Advertisement

when ET was a new release. I thought it was great then. It probabaly explains how I turned out the way I did.

ET?

I watched horror movies since I was a kid and I don't think there's anything wrong with me? ;)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

Well I like to kill cats.

Advertisement