Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Heraldry - Free Coat of Arms.

• 15-08-2005 8:51pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 93,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭

http://www.freecoatsofarms.com/catalog.html - free ones for many names have a look

T&C here. - also you can use the search engine to ger Heraldic info.
    http://www.freecoatsofarms.com/copyright.html
    boards

Coat of Arms: Red and Blue shield with an inner shield surrounded by eight silver birds.

Crest: A stag.

Motto: Perforatus.

Motto Translated: Pierce.

Spelling variations include: Board, Borde, Bord, Boards and others.

First found in Sussex, where they held a family seat from ancient times, long before the Norman Conquest in 1066.

Some of the first settlers of this name or some of its variants were: George Board who settled in Virginia in 1639; Jacob Board settled in Virginia in 1663; John Board settled in Virginia in 1774; Thomas Boards settled in Virginia in 1652.

http://www.allfamilycrests.com/ - not free

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

kipper

Origin: English

Coat of Arms: Unfortunately no arms were found registered for this surname.

Crest: Description not available

Spelling variations include: Kipps, Kipp, Kippe, Keppe, Cheppe and others.

First found in Hampshire, where they were seated from early times.

Some of the first settlers of this name or some of its variants were: Jean Kipps who sailed to Barbados in 1680 and William Kipps who arrived in Maryland in 1740.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

My ones still a naked guy on a fish and three pints of beer... good job my motto translates as something cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Not quite right but close.

Two Lion's on either side facing a stack of corn, with swords above them, should be a hand holding a single sword IIRC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

The information for my family is a bit scant tbh. No coat of arms either

Found it myself on Google though:

family%20shield.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Mine's a queer one. Looks like a knights helmet with loads of plumes made of cloth. Accompanied by a necklace on top. On top of a shield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

aha found the correct one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,955 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

Father's side:

First found in County Cork where they were anciently seated at Muskerry, later moving to Limerick, Kildare and Dublin.

That is probably correct because my father was from Co Cork

Mother's side:

First found in Somerset, and in Guernsey where they were seated from very early times and were granted lands by Duke William of Normandy, their liege Lord, for their distinguished assistance at the Battle of Hastings in 1066 A.D.

cool bio huh? I think they came over from France with William the Conqueror (William of Normandy). They don't know the motto, and the crest is a little imprecise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

I got the three lions with a hand holding a sword above it for my dad's side,
    "The name derives from the tenth century King of Ireland" does that mean I could be a princess??!
    For my mom's side it's three acorn leaves,
    "Anglo-Norman origin having been introduced during the invasion of the twelfth century"
    I knew all that already cause it's been in our hallway for as long as I can remember!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

Origin: Irish

Coat of Arms: A blue shield with three silver dolphins naiant.

Crest: A dolphin salient proper.

Motto: Firmum in vita nihil.

Motto Translated: Nothing in life is permanent.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Any name I try brings up the same generic image, even the most common Irish names.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Pickarooney, scroll down the page. You probably just put your name into the ad at the top of the page...

Advertisement