Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new crescent units

Options
  • 15-08-2005 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

just starting this thread in order to collect the information that seems to be floating around on the different threads...

H&M are setting up out here the were recruiting a while back...

Next are taking a unit and moving out of cruises street part of their policy of opening bigger shops like their one in galway city or the one at the childers road...

in the rumour area

i heard pennys were taking a unit and HMV moving into pennys old place, what does this mean to the future of hmv cruises street ???

also another possability miss selfridge moved away from unit opposite roches because contract was up and crescent was in pipeline??

any other shops

what would be your wish list??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭IceHawk

Cool. Limerick really needs a bigger music shop. HMV is constantly packed and there's always tons of scumbags hanging around outside. If they take over Penny's there'll be loads of room. Though maybe too much?
    Penny's is pretty huge, between the ground floor and the first. Maybe they'll divide the front and the back into two different shops.
    Probably a stupid question but what's H&M?

As for the wishlist, obviously M&S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭film_gonzo

H&M, hoorah!

I hate shopping but I was in H&M the other week in Scotland and it just had everything I wanted for reasonable prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

ya if they get rid of there one on cruises who knows what big chaine could move in

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Surely thay'd keep it though. The crescent had Golden Discs and Black track, but HMV might make things a bit more competative. I don't like Golden Discs myself, but Black Track is the best place to find the odd oldie that you'd never expect to get. (Unless it's gone. Everything keeps changing!) Lots of Del Amitri.

I miss the old crescent. The one where Santa Claus had a grotto that had the entrance and exit and it took what felt like hours to get to see him. The MacDonalds at the crescent was the first MacDonalds I was ever in... memories!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 rummy

IceHawk wrote:
    Probably a stupid question but what's H&M? As for the wishlist, obviously M&S

H&M is a really really cheap clothing company. However, what is not known very much is that they make the clothes in countries where pay only $1 a day or something ridiculous like that.

Also heard that Galway got M&S - which would be fantastic in Limerick but no plans as of yet I believe.

• Advertisement

the other 3 parts of the cresent are really going to be in trouble now since all the new shops are being made in only one part of the cresent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

H&M, if they moved in that would mean that the cresent would be gearing itself for the lower waged... meaning the likes of Virgin wouldnt come... and more than likely scumbags would hang around!!!

im guessing that H&M is really cheap then

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭The Lopper

Speaking of HMV, at least there's more room to move upstairs now, but everythings hard to find again.

What Limerick needs is another music instrument store, we got Savins which is a right rip-off, Steamboat Quay (too small and rumours of a closedown, dunno, haven't been there in months?)

I'm just guessing that too! 1 huge1 ... from what others have said

• Advertisement

I'm just guessing that too! 1 huge1 ... from what others have said
    just call me huge dont know what i was thinking when i put the one in front it and behind it

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

rummy wrote:
    H&M is a really really cheap clothing company. However, what is not known very much is that they make the clothes in countries where pay only $1 a day or something ridiculous like that.

Just like every single other fashion chain on the planet. Even items that have been tailored in a first world country generally tend to use material and threads that have been produced in sweatshop conditions.

If it doesn't say 100% fair trade then it isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

H&M, if they moved in that would mean that the cresent would be gearing itself for the lower waged... meaning the likes of Virgin wouldnt come... and more than likely scumbags would hang around!!!

In my opinion that's rubbish. H&M might be cheap, but it's not that cheap. Penneys and Dunnes are cheaper - it's like a better quality version of Penneys at a cross between Dunnes and M&S prices. Libaas, JRs Fashions, Jean Scene, Heatons - they're all relatively or totally cheap. The Crescent hasn't been seen as gearing itself towards the lower waged by their existance!

Well as i've said above i've never actually been in the shop so i was just going by what people have said above!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

H&M is a great shop, more in line with topman than lifestyle sports. Good clothes, reasonably priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

discussion on Maplins ahve been moved to their own thread as they were taking this one off on a tangient.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Sunn

wouldn't mind seeing a bigger hmv out in the cresent.. the one in town is awfully claustrophobic.. and they never have anything good.. after spending a year in dub you miss the huge choice in clothes, places to eat and go..

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭The Lopper

Without a doubt its too small. Empire Music can be good, they often have you don't find in HMV, but they can be expensive and their film section is fairly bad (although it was the only place in town i could find High Plains Drifter.)

well you have to give credit to hmv they cram all the stuff they can into there shop on cruises

Definatly, plus you can order anything from HMV! It really is an asset to the city!

• Advertisement
Advertisement