Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cute Hairy Terriers Seeking Homes

Options
  • 15-08-2005 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭

I used to spend a certain amount of time in the, now defunct, pound at Saggart and occasionally brought home a dog to find a home for.

I was slow to find home for these two because they are so cute and devoted to each other, but there is only me, in a rented house and I have two little dogs of my own.

both.jpg

Not only is four dogs with only one person NOT a great quality of life for the dogs, but in a rented house it isn't very safe for them either.

These two smart little critters are not getting anything like the individual attention they need as a result.

They really need homes of their own. I have taken advice and been assured that it would be fine to seperate them, though I make one stipulation that if they are to be seperated the female MUST go first as she does not get on with my other two and would wind up spending most of her day shut up alone.

Buffy, the female is some kind of cross breed that probably involves a Glen of Imaal and a Tibetan Terrier. She has the size and temperament of a Glen and is very quiet, gentle and good with people, but STUBBORN, and not good with other dogs. She is about three years old, neutered and vaccinated. (I know this for sure as she was taken as a pup from Saggart and then returned later, full grown, with no explanation)

buffy.jpg

I think she needs a home, either with Stripe or alone, where somebody is around most of the time because she does get lonely very easily.

Stripe is a Gawd knows what, though it has been suggested he may have a lot of scottie in him, and even more gremlin! He gets his name from the mohican stripe (NOT a flash, just a thin stripe) on his head and his resemblence to a gremlin at times!

stripe.jpg

Stripe is VERY smart and his exploits to date have involved pulling live plugs from walls (without damaging anything!). He is very gentle and loving with all dogs and people. He loves to play ball. We do not know his age, as he was a stray, but he seems quite young, and is neutered and vaxxed.

Stripe would fit in ANYWHERE, but as the Devil most certainly WOULD make work for an idle Stripe is also best not left alone for long periods, if only for the sake of your insurance premium.

Both these guys are rescue dogs, they will need a little patience and training to settle in, but they are charmers and both will be delightful friends for life if given a chance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 frankie5

I might have a home for Stripe if you still need one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭aare

Stripe DEFINATELY still needs a home, what kind of home might you have to offer him?

:D

Advertisement