Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excellent Indian Restaurant in Monaghan Town

Options
  • 15-08-2005 9:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

There's a new Indian restaurant opened in Monaghan town called Fire & Spice. I've been twice & felt I had to give it a review as I hope people read it & give it the chance it deserves. (I'm not in any way connected to the restaurant, it's just V rare these days to get suce nice service with such good food to go with it!)

The food is fantastic, the owner is very adventurous & puts dishes on the menu that you don't get in other Indian restaurants, anything we've tried so far has been delicious.

The owner is also the waitor & he's the friendliest guy you'll ever meet. He's so funny & pleasant, it's a joy to be in his company.

A set meal for 2 costs just under €45, for which you get 2 starters, 2 main courses, enough rice to feed an army, a side order of a delicious mushroom dish, again enough there to be a main course itself, nan bread, desert, tea & coffee.
    What we can't eat we get in a doggy bag, & again, the owner adds more sauce & rice to it & insists you take some complimentary poppadums with it also.

On Sunday there's a lunch special, where there's a selection of starters mains etc to choose from, for example: Vegetable Pakore for starter, chicken Korma & pilau rice for main, plus puri bread, desert, tea & coffee for €14.50, which is absolutely excellent value for money.

On leaving, he insists you take a complimentary drink of your choice.

As well as this, the restaurant opened on the site of your everyday Irish restaurant which also did good value Irish lunches. You still have this option. Turkey & ham, roast beef, etc, so for groups where some adore Indian food, & some don't, they can all go together & everyone's happy.

It's a very pleasant experience & really worth a visit.

There's another nice Indian restaurant in Monaghan town, but even if it's for one time only, you should give Fire & Spice a try & I promise you won't be disappointed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭bambam

whereabouts is it? I was at one beside the museum (hospital hill area) for a friends 30th. Very impressed I was, they even had lassies - yum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭joeyrat

Yes bambam, it's the Indian beside the museum at the bottom of the hospital hill. Just in case anyone else is thinking they had a bad experience there, it had been opened a while back under different management & it was rubbish, but it's a whole different story now, even better than lassies:- they had yummy food, imagine that in a restaurant!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Flippin 'ell...another one?

Last couple of times I've been up Monaghan way, I've eaten in a Chinese (just off the Diamond, heading cathedral-wards), and in an Indian (towards the convent end of town, over a pub)...both of which have been A1 experiences.

I can't believe how much that town has come on in the past ten or fifteen years....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭joeyrat

Yes, town has lots of excellent bars & restaurants now. The restaurant I'm talking about is a lot cheaper than the one Bonkey mentions & the food is every bit as good & the service even better!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mr alltalk

Hi just wondering is the monaghan spice indian or Eastern balti better
    Booked into Monaghan spice so wondering should I change?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Welcome to boards, Mr alltalk. Please do not bump zombie threads (threads that have not been posted in for more than 6 months). Try starting a new thread in the Monaghan forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement