Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE get Sopranos final season

Options
  • 14-08-2005 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭

I read in today's Tribune that RTE have got the rights to the final season of The Sopranos before any other European station. Seems like a bit of a coup for Montrose but maybe there wasn't a huge scramble for it.
    It seems like a long time since the last season finished on RTE doesn't it?
    And has the final season already been screened in the US? (If it has then people on this forum have probaly downloaded it and seen it so don't reply telling me what happened please!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,518 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

lukin wrote:
    I read in today's Tribune that RTE have got the rights to the final season of The Sopranos before any other European station. Seems like a bit of a coup for Montrose but maybe there wasn't a huge scramble for it.
    It seems like a long time since the last season finished on RTE doesn't it?
    And has the final season already been screened in the US? (If it has then people on this forum have probaly downloaded it and seen it so don't reply telling me what happened please!)

They're still filming the final series. It will be on RTE2 in the Spring. 13 Episodes in the final series but also an aditional 8 'bonus' episodes are being filmed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Which series is the final one?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Season 7 will now be the final as the plan goes with series 6 starting in the states late this year. HBO made the creator and writer of the show an offer he couldnt refuse so to speak $$$$$$ .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Yay! I love the Sopranos. Can't wait for this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

Excellent :)

The first and probably the last time i will see this but fair play Rté.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Venom wrote:
    Season 7 will now be the final as the plan goes with series 6 starting in the states late this year. HBO made the creator and writer of the show an offer he couldnt refuse so to speak $$$$$$ .

Actually it will all be season 6,the last 8 eps won't be classified as an extra season.

tvnutz wrote:
    Actually it will all be season 6,the last 8 eps won't be classified as an extra season.

What the hell do you think they will call those last 8 episodes?

Season 9?

Season 0?

Well there is no season 9...so I dont know what you are on about there. Season 6 will start...it will run about 12 eps,take a break,and then finish with the last 8...all still season 6. Just like they did with Sex and the City.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

So to any normal person there are 20 episodes in the 6th and last series?

tvnutz wrote:
    Well there is no season 9...so I dont know what you are on about there. Season 6 will start...it will run about 12 eps,take a break,and then finish with the last 8...all still season 6. Just like they did with Sex and the City.

Omly time will tell I guess but word from the producers is that the last 8 episodes will be series seven.

• Advertisement

Nope...I read another article about it again today,they won't stop filming it,they will do all eps together,no contract extentsions etc,therefore making it all the one season. Like is aid they did the same with Sex and the City,and the dead zone season 2 had 13 eps,then 6 extra ones shown months later,but they were still classified as season 2,not an extra season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭madfistbt

All good things must come to an end my favourite things are finishing the den and the sopranos. ****. Does this mean RTe will get it before anyone else in Europe?

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

hopefully they repeat series 5 (?) before they show the new series cos it has been such a long time since it first aired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

this wouldnt be the 1st time RTÉ got the rights to screen a show first in Europe. it is either get it first or lose viewers to the UK channels

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭lukin

Great, now I am totally confused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

whats to be confused about?

Advertisement