Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My First Comedy Story... Warning: Much comic and realistic Violence and swearing...

Options
  • 14-08-2005 9:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

My first real funny story. Please give your opinions. I have many more tales of Raven Scorchballs, will post up if this one is popular enough! Thanks.

Had to give link to my story, as it will not all fit on this thread. Sorry about that in advance. One click and you'll begin the story though. Enjoy...

The Story: Adventures of Raven Scorchballs Nam 67

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Gross Halfwit

Sorry. That wasnt funny...at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Dave3x

Right, well.... no, it wasn't funny. You've got good writing skills, but you're attempting a style you're obviously not great at. What's your basis? In parts i got the feeling you were reaching for a Terry Pratchett-like vibe. But interrupting dialogue with a shouting officer isn't funny. it's clichéd, Which is a pity, because your descriptive writing was very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

:(

Guess you'd really have to know the guy it's based on.... :p

Advertisement