Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US: Regarding a supposed preview for Season 2..

Options
  • 14-08-2005 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,812 ✭✭✭✭

It was reported a couple of weeks back that a preview of Season 2 would be shown on a TV station in the San Diego area last night..
    "There will be an exclusive LOST clip shown on San Diego's ABC (channel 10) at 7 PM PT on August 13th or so that's what channel 10 news is saying, teasing us with a tiny commercial. I do not know the content of the clip, just that it is supposed to be from season 2
    After a quick search around this morning.. there seems to be very little confirmation of whether it aired or not but a few members of TheFuselage.com (the official 'Lost' Forum) seems to report (unconfirmed) that it did.. possibly.. air:

(spoilers and poor spelling / grammar below...! :D)
    i just turned on the tv, about 3:50 and was looking around. i had it on abc and it looked like they were re-running exodus again. but it didn't seem totally right. so i continue watching and i hear narration. so then i'm like "what the frick?!?" i'm guessing this was like the journey, but this time abc did it to include the entire first season. i'm not sure because i only caught the last 10 mintues.

did anyone else see this?
    Didn't see it; I guess it depends what TV stations are in your market area & all. But if it had narration, it was Journey, the one everybody hates! (Well, I do, anyway!) They included stuff from Exodus? Hmmm.
    yup, they showed exodus too. that's why i thought at first abc was re-running that episode. only caught the last 10 minutes.
    saw danielle giving back aaron, saw the others taking walt. they showed the last scene with locke & jack looking down the hatch too.
    but then there was narration. and then the commerical for season 2.
    so i guess it's like the journey, but this time the whole entire season?
    I believe it had a different narrator this time around. I only caught the last 20 minutes, but it really got me excited for the upcoming season.
    I swear I saw something a bit different this time.....
    When Jack sees the "swarm/cloud" pass through the jungle I could clearly see some kind of mass moving.
    I only saw the original episode once, but this time around the "cloud" was very visible. Jack turned to Kate and she says she saw it also.
    What do you mean by commercial? Did they show any new clips? Or was it very short without new clips just an announcement?
    Full thread here!

PS - On a sidenote.. here's a great area on the The Fuselage.com where you can ask the actors / actresses (even Scott, Steve and Ethan) involved in the show some questions or post some comments. A couple of them don't seem to visit / answer much but Jorge Garcia (Hurley) and Terry O Quinn (Locke) seem to be pretty frequent posters.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Thanks for that :) hopefully we will get to see it if it was on!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Good man Basq, always the one to go to for Lost info!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,812 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Well... ye all asked for it so here ye go:

Lost Season 2 Promo

You can thank me later... enjoy!

tee hee! HAR DE HAR HAR!

That is the strangest promo I've seen!

Spoiler tags just incase.
    1. Very heavy on the editing.
    2. "Rose went mapinguari on Bernard" - WHAT?! I know the mapinguari is this animal yoke, but this statement makes no sense at all, especially when subtitled over Jin's vioce, when he was obviously saying something comlpetely different!
    3. Samuel L. Jackson! Why a clip from Pulp Fiction spliced into this promo for Lost?

Can anybody make out what the camera zooms in on at the end? The whole thing feels more like a fan-made short than anything official. I'm disappointed to say the least!

(edit: Thanks basquille,
    tee hee! HAR DE HAR HAR! and what not to you too!
    )

(edit 2: Wait a sec, did you make that?!)

OK.... now some news on the REAL Season 2 preview.. this was just posted over at TheFuselage.com in the thread linked to above:
    okay. they rolled the commerical again.

the text on the screen says:

"they survived on luck. they survived on instinct. but on the other side of the island, they will discover everything. everything. everything happens. for a reason.

they don't show any new clips, just stuff from the first season.

... so, no new footage for now then! :(

PS - for gz.. that Lost promo i posted was a complete pis*take! Though was extremely well made up until the Samuel L Jackson moment! :D I love it - was posted on the Official ABC Message Boards... don't know if it was thought up by the creators or what but still some good stuff! :D All it consisted of was edited video / sound clips from the 1st Season... excellent all the same! :D

.. so no, i didn't make it! Wish i did! Loved the Samuel L Jackson moment playing on the rumour that Sam would be playing Rose's husband, Bernard

• Advertisement

"qz" ;)

Hmm. Let's never speak of my falling for this again shall we?

Apologies.. qz!

And what is this falling for you speak of?! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Ah mate I was all revved up for a new promo! lol It was quite funny though,Sam Jackson from pulp fiction thrown in there was very good! lol Where do people find the time to make these things!? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

For the love of jesus... I'm very tempted to ban you for that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Head over to http://www.oceanic-air.com for some updated season 2 promos. I know a couple of these have been posted already, but I want to provide a complete list of updates that I've found so far:
    • Claire's ticket.
    • The Ethan Rom / Other Man video.
    • The Ana Lucia video.
    • The flight tracking mystery.

You can get Claire's ticket by dragging out the grey area on the bottom right of the homepage.

To get the Ethan Rom video, make sure the number sequence is entered in the "Travellers" section of the homepage (this should now be done by default), and when the seating arrangement is loaded, click on "Pre Board Check In". When prompted, re-arrange Ethan's name as "Other man", and you get a video.

To get the Ana Lucia video, go back to the seating arrangement, and you'll notice the that after the number 42 in the text at the bottom, the letter F is intermittently flashing. Click on this, and then on Ana Lucia's highlighted seat.

To get the flight tracking thing, oddly enough, you click on the "Track Flight" button. This brings you to a list of flights, one of which is:

Flight # Status Airport Scheduled Actual Gate Airport Scheduled Actual Gate

572 Giveus THE 08:00 24:00 -- BOY 08:00 24:00 --

I have yet to make any further progress with that one, but good luck to anyone else who cares to try their luck.

Anyone who really wants to speculate wildly should go to TheFuselage.com and the General Theories section. I recommend "Our Thoughts On Tiberius" and "LOyal To The QueST: Tiberius #2".

• Advertisement

Nice work Mr. Angry. I'd seen Claire's ticket and Ethan's video, but not the other two. Good job!

(edit: Ana Lucia's video looks great!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Working on the other bits of the flight tracking...

671 Landed ULP 10:05 10:25 18 JJA 20:15 20:45 13

ULP is Quilpie, Australia. Its in the back of beyond, and has a population of 1080 people. JJA airport does not seem to exist, although it is the initials of the show's creator, JJ Abrahms.

Note also that every single flight seems to lose 10 minutes unexpectedly whilst in the air. Co-incidence?

For anyone else who didn't understand angry's post ( :o ):

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

qz wrote:
    For anyone else who didn't understand angry's post ( :o ):

thanks qz i hadnt noticed that, nice :-)

Advertisement