Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE unveils new Sutumn schedule

Options
  • 13-08-2005 2:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

FROM RTE.IE

RTÉ launches Autumn schedule

RTÉ today unveiled details of its Autumn schedule with over 1,400 hours of brand new and returning home produced programmes.
    Speaking at the launch Noel Curran, Managing Director RTÉ Television, said: "Irish programmes for Irish people. That's what RTÉ Television provides the Irish viewing public. That's our distinctive offering, above all other broadcasters into this country and it's what viewers choose to watch."
    New home productions include documentaries like 'The Asylum' - a four-part observational series set inside a mental institution, drama series 'Pure Mule' set in contemporary rural Ireland and 'The Last Furlong', a comedy-drama series from the writer of 'Bachelors Walk'.
    Other highlights include 'The Mentor', a new eight part series, which features Irish businesses across a range of sectors, each of whom face different commercial challenges and 'Cut & Dry' is a six-part docu-soap following the trials and tribulations of the staff of a Hair & Beauty Salon chain in Galway & Limerick.
    Returning to our screens this Autumn will be 'Killinaskully', 'Tubridy Tonight', 'The Clinic', 'The Health Squad', 'Vets on Call', 'Prime Time Investigates' and The 'Late Late Show'.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Sounds like more Sh*te TV to me

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭neGev

RTE wrote:
    "Irish programmes for Irish people. That's what RTÉ Television provides the Irish viewing public. That's our distinctive offering, above all other broadcasters into this country and it's what viewers choose to watch."
    Well roger me senseless if I wasn't under the impression that hardly anyone chooses to watch RTE programmes.

RTE wrote:
    ...drama series 'Pure Mule' set in contemporary rural Ireland...
    ...'Cut & Dry' is a six-part docu-soap following the trials and tribulations of the staff of a Hair & Beauty Salon chain in Galway & Limerick.

Oh dear God.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

'Tubridy Tonight'

Franky, that's enough to make me turn off RTE One completely, just to avoid the possiblity I might be exposed to a promo!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Does Tubridy even get good ratings? If he does its only from the grannies in the sticks who can't get any channels other than RTE. The man is fscking abysmal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

I wrote a poem:

Die! RTE die!
    RTE makes me cry!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭irishcsifan

I wrote a poem:

Die! RTE die!
    RTE makes me cry!
    exactly what i was thinking.
    do you know i got so fed up waiting for season five of csi las vegas to come on, a friend from norway burned all the episodes for me and sent them to me. cause lets face it they are never going to show i. they treat american shows very badly on RTE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

neGev wrote:

Oh dear God.

My sentiments exactly.

RTÉ have a hard-on for reality TV whilst most other production companies seem to be on to the fact that it's old and busted.
    The cost of production can be the only determining factor in their choice to keep turning it out...quantity over quality seems to be the order of the day.

Tubridy Tonight? >.<

That thing about the mental home sounds like it might be worth watching....if RTE's output continues along the same vein as we see here, I'll likely be getting a starring role in it's second series :D

Advertisement