Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rip off prices of canteen food

• 12-08-2005 5:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭

Is it through that food in colleges especially in DCU so I believe is very expensive. Are the food prices not reduced for students? I heard a mate of mine saying he paid 8Euro for fish and chips, milk and a pack of Tayto's!!! A lunch in a pub is 9Euro and they give you as much as you want!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

In DCU, unlike some of the bigger colleges, the food is not subsidised. The SU actually take a percentage of the takings, so they aren't rushing to lower prices

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Landa2

if your willing to spend some money on a weekly ticket, you can get a lovely dinner in any one of the DIT's for 3.50, i spent two years in DIT and am about to spend four in DCU (nearly died when i saw the price of food in the canteen). I'll prob be heading in the DIT direction for lunch. (no id required)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Solution... Soup!

Always nice... and dirt cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

I'm a spar roll man. Half the price,half the queueing and does grand as a lunch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

Brow wrote:
    I'm a spar roll man. Half the price,half the queueing and does grand as a lunch.
    You're still paying more than if you went to the EuroSpar across the road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Some times i do. Depends on how much time i have. Most of the time i just bring something with me. Breaks can be crap some days time wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Hrm, I've always found the Spar rolls from Campus are nicer than across the road. But yea, a roll, cup of coffee and a nice doughnut beats overpriced canteen food anyday in my books.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

My advice: Dont bother staying in college long enough each day to need to eat there. Lectures are over rated.

Buy a bottle of Vatsky in Eurospar and have that for lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Ferror

Draupnir wrote:
    Buy a bottle of Vatsky in Eurospar and have that for lunch.

Oh yeah?
    Give me buckfast and martini any day..

failing that i'd go for a giant breakfast roll in the old bar, it's €2.50 and a whole lot of food :)

Advertisement