Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All the D.I.Y, i dont get it

Options
  • 12-08-2005 12:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

has any1 noticed just say around the parkway and the tipperary road, there are 3 d.i.y stores, homebase which is at the parkway retail park, atlantic homecare just around the corner on the childers road and then u have b&q going up on the tipperary road, all these stores are in about 3 min of each other! i dont think that side of limerick needs 3 of them and i cant see all of these being succesful!
    what ye think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

more competition might be good for the customer with regard to prices

just a quick note, please take a look at the charter with regard to the use of txt spk. thanks

welcome to boards.ie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭spinalsly

sorry about that man, i do it without thinking, dont worry it wont happen again mods!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

not to worry.

as for whether these stores will be viable, you have to remember that they will be drawing customers from not only the city but from the likes of clare, tipp and north cork, so there is a large pool of customers to go around.

I think that the biggest loser in all of this will be the smaller stores like Chadwicks who will not be able to compete with prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Metallicababe

The 3 stores provide for different markets B and Q are big into the trade diy side...Atlantic provide the more decor items e.g furniture/lightfittings etc...Homebase a bit of everything!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 fay

any idea when b+q is opening in Limerick?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

fay wrote:
    any idea when b+q is opening in Limerick?

It is opening this Thursday 8th September.

To the OP, 3 outlets in the same area will be good for competion and keep prices down (unless the three of them get together and agree on prices). Also B&Q has the advantage of being just off two main roads, the southern ring road and the Tipperary road.

Now if only they did something about the dangerous junctions at that intersection we would be sorted but that is different debate.

Advertisement