Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US: Touchstone Press Release On Season 2 (**SPOILERS**)

Options
  • 11-08-2005 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,778 ✭✭✭✭

The multiple Emmy Award-nominated "Lost" returns for a second season of action-packed mystery and adventure -- that will continue to bring out the very best and the very worst in the people who are lost.
    After Oceanic Air flight 815 tore apart in mid-air and crashed on a Pacific island, its survivors were forced to find inner strength they never knew they had in order to survive. But they discovered that the island holds many secrets, including the intense howls of a mysterious creature stalking the jungle, as well as a polar bear, a marooned and possibly crazy French woman, a mystical boar, a mysterious group known only as "The Others," a ship called The Black Rock and... a hatch.

*This season, Jack's mistrust of Locke will grow, as he continues to question his motives and obsession in uncovering the secrets of the mysterious hatch.

*The fates of Sawyer, Michael and Jin will be revealed after their raft was blown out of the water by "The Others" - who at the end of last season kidnapped Michael's son, Walt.

*Sun will become less dependent on husband Jin and more autonomous, as she wonders whether he is still alive.

*Kate's back-story life as a fugitive will continue to be explored.

*Charlie will become even closer with Claire and her baby, Aaron, but the stash of drugs he found in a statue could seduce him back to a dark life of addiction.

*The cursed numbers that turned Hurley's life upside down before the crash will continue to haunt him as he begins to uncover their meaning.

*Shannon will decide where Sayid fits in her life while she continues to grieve over the death of her brother, Boone, and develops a growing sense of unease about the raft passengers and their fate.

*In addition, we discover that there is at least one more previously unknown survivor of the crash of flight #815 - Ana-Lucia (Michelle Rodriguez, "Girlfight," "The Fast and the Furious") -- the mysterious woman Jack met at the Sydney airport bar.

*And Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje ("Oz") joins the cast as a resident of the island whose story is one of the mysteries that will be explored as the season progresses.

The band of friends, family, enemies and strangers must continue to work together against the cruel weather and harsh terrain if they want to stay alive. But as they have discovered during their 40-plus days on the island, danger and mystery loom behind every corner, and those they thought could be trusted may turn against them. Even heroes have secrets.

"Lost" stars Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje as the mysterious island man, Naveen Andrews as Sayid, Emilie de Ravin as Claire, Matthew Fox as Jack, Jorge Garcia as Hurley, Maggie Grace as Shannon, Josh Holloway as Sawyer, Malcolm David Kelley as Walt, Daniel Dae Kim as Jin, Yunjin Kim as Sun, Evangeline Lilly as Kate, Dominic Monaghan as Charlie, Terry O'Quinn as Locke, Harold Perrineau as Michael and Michelle Rodriguez as Ana-Lucia.

J.J. Abrams and Damon Lindelof co-created "Lost" and also serve as executive producers, along with Carlton Cuse, Bryan Burk and Jack Bender. "Lost," which is filmed entirely on location in Hawaii, is from Touchstone Television.

Source: http://www.touchstonetvpress.com/shows/lost/lost_lead.shtml

Can September 21st come any quicker?!? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I know you put **spoiler** in the topic heading, but thats the most spoilerific chunk of text I've ever read about Season 1. Should it be [ spoiler ]'ed too, just in case people click in here by accident?

And yep, roll on September!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

/me wets pants...

I like that mention of "we discover that there is at least one more previously unknown survivor of the crash of flight #815"

Hmm... more survivors? Passengers from the rear of the plane?

WHO KNOWS?!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

me thinking ahead here. New survior + Sam L. = Mebbe him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Can't wait! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,778 ✭✭✭✭Basq

TmB wrote:
    I know you put **spoiler** in the topic heading, but thats the most spoilerific chunk of text I've ever read about Season 1. Should it be [ spoiler ]'ed too, just in case people click in here by accident?..
    You'd think with both "US" and "**SPOILERS**" in the topic title would be enough... but you do have a point. It is pretty much a re-cap of the first season and it's important events.. so OK, now "spoiler-fied"!
    me thinking ahead here. New survior + Sam L. = Mebbe him
    Sorry to disappoint you mate but that Sam Jackson thing was all rumours.. is pretty much dismissed soon after! Just registered users on IMDB adding all these "celebs" as having guest appearances. He's now been taken off a while!

That was also back when Episode 1 of Season 2 was named 'Genesis: Part 1' and even before it was renamed 'Post Explosion' (courtesy of TV.com). We also had a couple of more unconfirmed celebs to appear along Samuel L in that episode - not in the same league but Sarah Clarke who played Nina Myers in '24' was also added in the Guest Appearances in IMDB.

All we have under 'Guest Appearances' on IMDB now for the 1st episode of Season 2 ('Man of Science, Man of Faith') is Julie Bowen as Jack's wife, Sarah so that's pretty much confirmed it's a Jack backstory episode!

Take everything regarding guest stars from now on to be pretty much close to fact! When that rumour was made up, they weren't even close to filming the second season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

Really cant wait. I hope the characters dont change too much.

Oh and I feel really sorry for you if you're watching on NET 2 and read that spoiler stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,778 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Another similar sorta piece... but this time, it's an interview with Bryan Burk, the exec-director!

Interview has some very interesting comments (.. and the comments about the expense of the show are somewhat worrying!..) and is throroughly "spoiler-fied" this time!
    New plots hatching on 'Lost'

By Michael Tsai
    Advertiser Staff Writer

Answers, we want answers!

Easy, easy, says Bryan Burk, executive director of ABC's Emmy-nominated "Lost." Answers are coming.

What's inside that infernal hatch? We'll find out when the show resumes Sept. 21.

What's the deal with the new characters Ana-Lucia (Michelle Rodrigues) and Emeka (Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje)? They'll join the fray rather "sooner than later," Burk assures.

In a phone interview from Los Angeles, Burk also promises that Season II will shed light on Jack and his wife ("and why Jack is not wearing his wedding ring"), Kate's criminal past, Hurley's portentous lottery numbers, and a lot more.

"This season will reveal a lot of things," Burk says. "A good portion of the mysteries from the first season will be answered, but there will be new questions — not necessarily new mysteries, but new questions."

Much of last season was spent in flashbacks of the character's lives before the fateful airplane crash. Burk said the flashbacks will continue this season, melding with the quick-moving developments of present life on the island to provide a deeper understanding of who each survivor really is.

"You've seen just the tip of the iceberg with all of the people on the island," Burk says. "This season, complexities of who they are will start to unravel."

Burk says the show is still following the original five-season story arc outlined when the series was first created.

He's quite aware how rabidly every development, big or small, is devoured by the show's ardent fan base. Boone is dead, but is he really dead? Is Shannon going to die next? Is Walt?

Burk confirms that Boone is still "deceased" and will remain deceased. But have we seen the last of him on the show?

"You never know on 'Lost,' " Burk says.

Viewers will continue to see a lot of Shannon (Maggie Grace), despite earlier rumors that Grace was leaving the show to work on the next X-Men film. (She isn't in the film.)

Malcolm David Kelley (Walt) is also back, and will be at the center of one of the early plot lines.

"Walt clearly has some issues, having been taken by the Others," Burk says.

Production on Season II began on July 28 on O'ahu.

This season the show will be filming on location near Mokule'ia, at the indoor "cave" site at the old Xerox building on Nimitz Highway and at the former "North Shore" soundstage at the Hawai'i Film Studio near Diamond Head, as well as other locations. (The show shot a scene at Aloha Stadium last week.)

"This season is more exciting than ever and I think it will be better than last season," Burk says. "We're going to dive in head first. For all those people who said they wanted answers, all I can say is, be careful what you hope for."

DOWN THE HATCH

The first three episodes of the new season of "Lost" will expose what lies beneath the mysterious hatch the islanders blew open last season.

"And it won't be another hatch," joked executive director Bryan Burk.

Burk can say for certain what else isn't in there: a refundable tax credit.

Executives of the hit TV series lobbied for tax-incentive measures for TV and film productions here. The measures failed.

While Touchstone Television executive vice president Barry Jossen has said that the show intends to remain in Hawai'i for the foreseeable future, the issue of "Lost" costs is ever looming.

It "is an expensive show, period," Burk said. "The amount of resources needed to put on the show — and we aren't talking salary — is a big deal.

"A sitcom might have three cameras and one location, but that isn't what we are," he said. "By our very nature, we are an expensive show."

Burk said "Lost" producers were disappointed that the Legislature did not pass a film-incentive package. "What was originally attractive to us — in addition to the location and the crews — was the idea that we could afford this," he said.

Burk said the show uses local vendors and crews almost exclusively. And in his view, it has been an effective vehicle for marketing Hawai'i to the rest of the world. "It's a big benefit for Hawai'i because we show Hawai'i in a way that (canceled Fox series) 'North Shore' and (canceled NBC series) 'Hawai'i' didn't," Burk said. "We show the beaches, the jungles and the rest of the natural environment in a way that is beautiful and breathtaking. It's a win-win.

"The reality is each season costs more until you reach a point where you can't realistically do the show," Burk said. "We want to keep the show here because we have a real affection for Hawai'i. If there's anything we can do, any way to help alleviate the costs, we'd welcome it."
    Original source here!

Advertisement