Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manhunt anyone?

Options
  • 11-08-2005 1:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭

Since were talking about old games how about manhunt(or IRA as we used to call it for some reason)?Someone mentioned this in the Curbs thread and it brought back some great memories.

How did everyone play it?We played that you started off with one person on,if they caught someone and dead legged them into surrender(which was what made the game great-the violence) then both of them were on and so on until there was only one person left.When they were caught they always got a fair few wallops.Winning wasnt that fantastic at all!

I remember when we used to go down to Kilmucridge on holidays during the summer we'd play it around the dunes.
    Legendary.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Yeh we used to play this every day during the summer in the sand dunes at the beach, same rules you had to beat them into surrender. Was great fun. Used to hide in the water even some times. Brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭roberteboot

Hide in the water?Genius.
    I need to go back in time and try that.I will be invincible.But cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

That was fun. The worst was when someone got tortured into revealing the whole word. Ruined the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

Yeah blisterman, I played that one.. Not this chasing game the others played..

The version I played:
    You had 2 teams. One team has a word, one letter per person.
    The team with the word is given a minute or so to run and hide.
    After the minute is up the other team, the bashing team, attempts to catch members from the word team beating the crap out of them until they recieve the letter.
    When the bashing team has all the letters, both teams come together and the bashing team has 3 chances to try and get the word right.
    If they dont, they lose. If they get it right, they win...

Then roles are reversed and you hunt down that bastard who gave you 2 dead legs..

What a great game. I told this to my italian and austrian housemates while in Spain, the expression on their faces was priceless..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

God almighty I remember that. Only really played it once or twice, the way Mear just described. Revenge was the real victory in that game.

We had a similar game in the schoolyard lunchbreak which was then banned by the Administration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

We played it in France against a group of french students on a school tour. We kicked their asses.

Good Times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭roberteboot

I had actually completely forgotten that one.We played either/or as far as i remember.Depending on whether we actually wanted to use our brains and a dictionary or just find people and hurt them.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭bladetrinity

yes we used to play man hunt in our local golf club,there are cliffs and forests we used to set up base camps and attempt rescues, some of the lads used to go off home for a while then come back after a bite to eat and a tv session while others hid in trees for ages .this brings back great memories. :) :cool:

Advertisement