Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fat actress - cye rip off?

Options
  • 11-08-2005 5:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭

anybody seen 'fat actress' yet on fx.
    it's very good, a showtime show, so it's full of the good old F word.
    anyway, has anyone noticed it's striking resemblance to 'curb your enthusiasm'?
    even the intro music is very similar, the show also feels very improvised,
    maybe it is, i don't know.

the show is similar to the show that larry pitched to both jason alexander and julia-louis dreyfuss about playing themselves trying to get work after being in a successful sitcom, as kristie alley plays herself trying to get work etc etc.

anyway it's a pretty good show, one to sky+.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭miss_gonzo

ive watched the show

and ya ive got a problem with

i love curb your enthusiasm with larry david, and fat acress is nothing like it. kristy alley clearly using her weight issues to reboast her dying or actually none existant career

and now with the sucess of the show and her damn annoying jenny craig commericals, she's well on her way back to a successful career

aw

this whole fat actress bulls hit is such a desperate ploy to get her out of hollywood hasbeen status

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭seveb

maybe so miss gonzo.

but the next time you watch 'fat actress' (which from your post doesn't sound too soon) try to keep 'curb your enthusiasm' in mind. it follows a very similar formula.

i can't believe how fat alley has gotten.
    she used to be such a fox, back in the day.
    she's got a bout of annanicole-itis.

'fat actress' tonight @ 9pm on FX sky digital channel 270.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭miss_gonzo

ya sure, both curb your enthusiasm and fat actress have the same type of theme (for lack of better word).... where its semi following the real life of the larry david and kristy alley, yet it has a fictional twist.

BUT i'm just ticked off with alley. i just thinks it sooo obvious that shes taken advantage of her weight issues to reboost her career
    its just as low as tom cruise and katy holmes using their relationship to increase publicity on their movies.

eh, what a rotten business

although, i'm harbouring no anger towards larry david, i highly enjoyed his time with seinfeld and curb your enthusiasm

Advertisement