Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confused about handguns in ireland

Options
  • 10-08-2005 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi Folks

Used to shoot 22 Rimfire Handguns in the UK when I was a kid (circa 1984-85)
    and would like to shoot them again, but thought they are banned in Ireland.
    Looking at the discussions here there is mention of people applying for handgun licences for glocks etc plus have seen pictures of webleys, S&W 38 and others on various irish gun clubs photo albums

Whats the score here?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

They're legal again BSG, though there's uncertainty about the fine detail and everyone's just starting up again after a thirty-odd-year-long gap. Haven't seen too much of .22 rimfire handguns thought, though I hear that DRC are building an outdoor 25m .22 pistol range, and RRPC will have a state-of-the-art indoor .22 pistol range when their new range is completed. It'll be a few years before we're competitive with them again though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bigseagull

This is very good news, though this time around I reckon I 'll drop the rimfire,
    and get a S&W Model 15 masterpiece in 38 special

YUM !

:D

Advertisement