Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Green Wing

Options
  • 10-08-2005 12:40pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭

does anyone watch this masterpiece of a comedy?

and more importantly has anyone seen the episode with 'Guy-Ball'

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

It's very hit and miss. I think every scene with Guy Secretan is brilliant. Great character with great acting.

But every scene he's not in is a rubbish tbh. It's written by the same people who did Smack the Pony, which was total crap.

Guy Secretan is the saviour of the show. I hope it gets a second series just to see more of that character.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,196 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

when it was good, it was very, very good, and when it was bad it was horrid

I love Tasmin Grieg, but I wish that unfunny blonde chick was banned from TV forever.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

A second series was comissioned and I think I read somewhere that it'll be shown in the Autumn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Nimrod's Son

I'm a bit of a fan of the Green Wing I must say. I think it's got a bit of a 'You either love it or hate it' air about it and I'd be inclined to plump for the former. I agree that Stephen Mangan steals the show but Mark Heap's and Karl Theobald's characters always raise a chortle from me as well. It's very surreal but the camera work and script are very clever and subtle and I think it works nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭neGev

Indeed! I got fairly into this when it was on Channel 4 originally.
    I'd really love to see a second series, if only to show what happens following the ending of the first series.
    What a cliff-hanger! Literally!

• Advertisement

The ending to the first series was rather warped and sick! As far as I know, a second series is en route.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

excellent to find some more green wingers, anyone for game of guy ball? Sticklers are of course random

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Maynooth

Is that the one that's the from the same makers of Smack the Pony?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

It seems to me to be a poor copy of Scrubs.

Yeah, yeah that's it, because they're in a hospital. How did we miss that.

• Advertisement

Ok, so you don't know much about comedic styles and you can't see any connection between the premise of either show. I guess you like Jo Brand aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

FX Meister wrote:
    It seems to me to be a poor copy of Scrubs.
    Scrubs was an improved version of 1984 hospital comedy E/R, not to be confused with ER, both of which starred George Clooney.

FX Meister wrote:
    Ok, so you don't know much about comedic styles and you can't see any connection between the premise of either show. I guess you like Jo Brand aswell?

The premise is that they're both set in a hospital and they're designed to be funny. I see the connection.
    I don't however see the connection between the quirky, yet believable antics of a group of warm-hearted professional carers who both learn and teach us something new, on a moral, human and medical base as they grow with every passing show and the edgy, surreal goings-on amongst a bunch of borderline psychotics on a fast road to self-destruction, with not so much as a passing interest in either medicine or their patients (whom we never see) in a loosely hospital-themed hour-long, one-season, shock-laugh-fest.

Perhaps it has something to do with overweight comediennes talking about periods?

I rather like both shows, it's just that they're not very similar.

Talk to the hand cause the face aint listening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

*bump*
    Is anyone watching season 2 of this? It's awesome. :D

Sue White is bloody mental.

puppet.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

The new series is absolutely hilarious..
    Just can't get over the quality of it, every episode I'm doubled over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭BMH

I bought season 1 on DVD and I'm in the midle of an episode now.

Season 1>Season 2 so far, though I missed the first few episodes.

Excellent show, with a surprisinly small fanbase.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Brilliant series, loving it.

Apparently they might not make a 3rd series, read it on Wikipedias Green Wing page. :(

Thrilled that the second series is as good as the first one. I'm furiously crossing my fingers that there'll be a third (though not for the sake of it but because there's still enough comedy and Sue White madness left in it to warrant another one!).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭BMH

Well, that's the end of the 2nd series. I doubt they'd completely end the series like that to be honest.

I think they're wrapping it up with a Christmas special, says TV.com anyway.

*checks watch*... Nope, might have to wait a bit longer... :p

That scheduling is pretty weird alright, but then again, it's a weird show... "Circle of Life" anyone? Hahaha.

Advertisement