Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

two dogs..want to take one away for w/e!

Options
  • 10-08-2005 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

I've got two dogs (1 bitch, 1 dog)..she's been with us nearly a year and he's just joined us - last saturday. They're getting on well altho' she's asserting herself a bit! She's not great with kids and he is great with them! My question, I want to take him to meet family (with kids) at the weekend and leave her behind with husband! Is it too soon in settling in process to do this?!? (I mean for the dogs not the husband!!!!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭disillusioned

IMO the only trouble it might cause is between the two dogs when you return from a trip with him and she starts getting jealous. I'd suggest waiting till they've been together longer. I've two dogs, one since 8wks and the other a rescue dog Evnthough they're both with me over two years now if one gets brought out alone the other barks like a nut and then upon return gives out to the dog who got preferrential treatment. Soooo like kids!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I don't see any problem. (We've got three and they're occassionally split up)

Just avoid making any great deal out of it (saying godbye, big greeting ceremony, etc)
    Just leave with one dog and come back again ...

(And who says that the staying home option isn't the better one in the dogs opinion? :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Wokie

Thanks to both of ye for advice! Ended up taking the dog away with me..kind of had to as he had kennel cough and we didn't want the other one to catch it! Anyway it went brilliantly...he loved the family and they loved him and there were no probs at all when we got home! Oh and he's clear of his kennel cough now...

Advertisement