Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You Just Have to Laugh at The Post

Options
  • 10-08-2005 11:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭

This article, nothing particularly funny until you get to here:
    Another lighter comment from Ulick McGee, who also lives in Parteen and is obviously a Limerickman: "I seriously think we as a county should invade County Clare rampaging through their villages and taking their women and children.

You just have to laugh.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭spinalsly

lol thats just legend right there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭moshpit77

Is there a link to that story?

and here is the survey itself for anybody who might be interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

I've it linked in my first post. Hover over "this article".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

I thought this was funny too.
    The City Council is just after numbers and land and they can’t even solve their own traffic problems.

I mean of all things, this has absolutely nothing to do with it!

And also this, a man from Cork city:
    P. Ahern wrote:
    Look, if it will improve your hurling team’s prospects, it must be seriously considered.

Thats just plain funny!

• Advertisement

I was more amused by the fact that the Post would take comments from "Ulick Mcgee" and print them.

Hehehehe, Ulick!

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭The Lopper

You think thats funny, you should've seen the Kilkenny People newspaper referring to Waterford City council as Nazis, over the proposed Waterford Boundary extension, they even showed a map of the Current Boundary with a picyure of Hitler beside it.

Was this story in last weeks print edition of the Post? Just got this weeks one and it's not in it. Maybe they realised their mistake...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yes the Post seems to be on a crest of a wave lately, first the Nokia knife thing, now this. What next? Other than this I usually like reading the Limerick Post as it is the only local paper I manage to get my hands on all week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Jerryc

Is Ulick McGee his actual name?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Jerryc wrote:

no it a phonetic joke. the name Ulick McGee when spoken sound like the word "You Lick my G**""

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭gaf1983

bazz26 wrote:
    Yes the Post seems to be on a crest of a wave lately, first the Nokia knife thing, now this. What next? Other than this I usually like reading the Limerick Post as it is the only local paper I manage to get my hands on all week.

Definately on a crest of a wave. Last week they devoted all of page 5 to an interview with the Rubber Bandits.

Jerryc wrote:

Ever been to secondary school :)

I was in the same year as the Rubber Bandits </trivia>

I don't know Ulick but I know his cousin Mike Hunt

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

moshpit77 wrote:
    I don't know Ulick but I know his cousin Mike Hunt

didnt't he own the hunt museum at one point :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Don't forget his distant relatives: Ben Dover, IP Freely, Hue Jass and Amanda Hugnkiss. :D

Dave wrote:
    Ever been to secondary school :)

I was in the same year as the Rubber Bandits </trivia>

So was I....oh the memories of the phone calls they used to make.
    Live 95fm didn't know what hit them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

What did they do on the phone??

The Rubberbandits made prank phone calls and recorded them. They made a CD of their exploits which has gained cult status around the town

• Advertisement

While in school they used to ring up Live 95fm and RLO to complain about the local shop charging students in uniform extra money. They used to use the name Jasper Mcsomething.....can't remember the second name. Its was really funny though!

Jasper Maquiggan. Ah yes. So who might you be Zapho, if we were in the same year in the same school.

moshpit77 wrote:
    The Rubberbandits made prank phone calls and recorded them. They made a CD of their exploits which has gained cult status around the town

Not just in Limerick, but around Dublin too, and my dad even forwarded me on an email from his work with a rubber bandits sound bite.

nice website

Advertisement