Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Original Compositions

Options
  • 10-08-2005 12:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Anyone out there composing and looking for musicians to record or play live?

I'm a drummer starting at Newpark in September and would love to get playing and writing with others.
    Doesn't have to be Jazz/Blues it can be anything under the sun provided it's interesting.
    Wouldn't mind playing some Mahavishnu Orchestra or King Crimson type stuff.ROck!
    Anyone interested let me know.I also have stuff written which I would like to try out.I don't know what you'd call it.
    I'd be interested in the wild stuff.Check out my "regular" bands website,audio video and what not.

www.riastradh.com
    www.myspace.com/riastradh

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mojo-jo-jo

man, i always wanted to play some crimsonish stuff, fripp is definately one of my all time influences and ive alot of time for mclaughlin too (tho i prefer his shakti stuff) Writing music somewhat in that direction would be class as i cerainly cant do it in my band seeing as our drummer hates prog and really ahs little interest in and couldnt play jazz anyway. but id certainly be interested cept im presuming you live in dublin tho, im galway based which would probably make it too awkward. still its great to hear im not the only crimson fan in ireland!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Ernesto

mojo-jo-jo wrote:
    man, i always wanted to play some crimsonish stuff, fripp is definately one of my all time influences and ive alot of time for mclaughlin too (tho i prefer his shakti stuff) Writing music somewhat in that direction would be class as i cerainly cant do it in my band seeing as our drummer hates prog and really ahs little interest in and couldnt play jazz anyway. but id certainly be interested cept im presuming you live in dublin tho, im galway based which would probably make it too awkward. still its great to hear im not the only crimson fan in ireland!
    they,res alot of us Crimson fans out here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Skycat

Yeah I'm moving to Dublin,well already moved,kinda sorta so it be to difficult to get together.Sorry.
    But yeah,theres a few of us crimson fans around alive and kicking.I'm sure you'll find some in Galway,I know they're there.

Advertisement