Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tears...

Options
  • 09-08-2005 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭

Just started listening to 'here come the tears'..anyone else here think its excellent ?..if you like early Suede get it now !

also anyone see them at Oxegen ..kickin myself i missed em :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I'm intrigued alright, but not enough to actually buy the CD. Might wait until I see it on sale somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

My girlfreind is a big suede fan & was a bit dissapointed with the tears album.
    I seen them at oxegen & they fairly rocked live but its not the most uplifting of music really, having never made up my mind about whether i liked brett anderson or not i was a bit worried that my suspicions would be confirmed & that he'd be a wanker to the audience, he wasnt!! it was actually Bernard butler who (to me) came off as a bit of a twat tbh, some guy called out a request for "we are the pigs" to which he replied "go F*ck yourself!!" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Ah yes,Good old Brett and Bernie back together again.
    Although i was initially slightly disappointed with the album the more i listened to it, the more impressive it revealed itself to be.It even prompted me to go out and buy a "The Tears"badge and stitch it on to my schoolbag.
    The ghost of you and Apollo 13 are fantastic songs that would be able to grace any of Suedes early albums.
    Hopefully the lads can stay together for more than 2 albums this time

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭JMArr

Kingsize wrote:
    My girlfreind is a big suede fan & was a bit dissapointed with the tears album.
    I seen them at oxegen & they fairly rocked live but its not the most uplifting of music really, having never made up my mind about whether i liked brett anderson or not i was a bit worried that my suspicions would be confirmed & that he'd be a wanker to the audience, he wasnt!! it was actually Bernard butler who (to me) came off as a bit of a twat tbh, some guy called out a request for "we are the pigs" to which he replied "go F*ck yourself!!" :)

Hahaha class :D an unfortunate request ...I read in some interview that he cant stand that song ! did they play any old Suede stuff at all?

I would say to go back and listen to it again ..as Pighead rightly said ,the more u listen the better it gets. like all good albums imo. Its very layered .
    and the guitar playing is sublime :D
    Along with the songs mentioned by Pighead I would recommend 'autograph' 'lovers' and 'beautiful pain' as standout tracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭speedy21

It took a good few listens to get into 'The Tears' album but its now in my top 5 albums of the year - well worth getting!!
    A huge improvement on recent suede albums...

Am a bit puzzled why they chose 'Refugees' as the lead single off it, there are much better tunes on there - 'Autograph' is a classic!!

• Advertisement

Hot on the heels of last nights heartbreaking defeat by the French comes the sad sad news that The Tears have cancelled their gig due to have taken place in The Village of Wexford St.
    What do you mean you didnt even know they were playing in the first place?
    Take it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭JMArr

Bugger ! I had no idea ...have they rescheduled for another date??
    I see John Spencer Blue Explosion are playin the village 22nd Sept ..happy days.

Fantastic news for everybody out there. News that will have the whole of Ireland smiling and swooning.

Bretts releasing a solo album! Ye Ha!

Cracking 1st single of it. Stop what you're doing, sit down and enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsIiAvmy4zc&mode=related&search=

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Ryaller

That Tears album should have been called "DogManSh*t".
    I thought it was terrible. My main problem with it was the lyrics.
    And from what I've seen of Brett Anderson's solo stuff on Youtube, I won't be bothering with that either. "Scorpio Rising" reminded me of that Simpsons episode when Homer goes to work for the Blofeld stylee ubervillain.
    "He'll welcome you into his lair
    Like the nobleman welcomes his guest
    With free dental care and a stock plan that helps you invest..."

And Christina Aguilera????

F*ck.

Off.

Ryaller wrote:
    That Tears album should have been called "DogManSh*t".
    I thought it was terrible. My main problem with it was the lyrics.
    And from what I've seen of Brett Anderson's solo stuff on Youtube, I won't be bothering with that either. "Scorpio Rising" reminded me of that Simpsons episode when Homer goes to work for the Blofeld stylee ubervillain.
    "He'll welcome you into his lair
    Like the nobleman welcomes his guest
    With free dental care and a stock plan that helps you invest..."

And Christina Aguilera????

F*ck.

Off.
    Ya big eejit, listen to it again ya ninny. Listen to the new single and try telling me its not the greatest solo single since Dirrty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭speedy21

Yeah - The youtube videos were a bad idea - his voice was bad!!!
    Had a sneak peak at the new album and its great - best of 2007 so far!
    And not a Christina song in sight on it! Phew!

Uncut has given the Brett album 4/5 in this months reviews. Arcade Fire got 3/5. As everybody knows Uncut Reviews are all that matter, therefore Brett Anderson is 20% better than Arcade Fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭egon spengler

on the basis of the q review of bretts new album I was expecting that song to be absolute sacharrine pap, but it was quite good, pleasant to listen to, and although I found the lyrics somewhat not to my taste, its refreshing to see hes broken out of that loop of singing about cctv cameras and plastic spastic beautiful outsiders.

Ive heard that the tears are crap (again reviews/people not into them) and while refugees was good it was a bit too upbeat. Probably should check out their album though given this difference of opinion on this thread.

Suede have been criminally overlooked in the past. For me Dogmanstar is like Ok Computer four years before Ok Computer was released, its that good but also a lot different obviously. The great thing about Suede is that they werent really part of any scene, you could call them britpop but by the time it took off, they didnt really bear any resemblance to the beer, cheeky chap, football crap that was being circulated as part of the scene. And they didnt fit in with the shoegazers either. I think that the best music is produced by artists that are outsiders. Also bernard butler is a genius

Advertisement