Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats your favorite feud?

Options
  • 09-08-2005 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭

What is or was your favorite feud between rappers? Do you think it just another way for record companies to try and push up sales or do you think its genuine?
    Its funny now to think that the whole biggie vs 2pac was faked as well, so you just never know do you??? Record companies are scum.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

Some beefs are real, luda and TI just hate each other. Big and pac was a manipulated beef mainly by suge but as far as 2pac was concerned it was real and not about sales. Jay Z and Nas was purly about money id not be supprised if we find out in the future that they actually planed it. The real beefs rarly make it onto a record but sometimes like ja and fiddy they do and someone always looses when that happens unlike nas and jigga who both came out smelling of roses, hmm I wonder how that happened :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

Kristok wrote:
    Some beefs are real, luda and TI just hate each other. Big and pac was a manipulated beef mainly by suge but as far as 2pac was concerned it was real and not about sales. Jay Z and Nas was purly about money id not be supprised if we find out in the future that they actually planed it. The real beefs rarly make it onto a record but sometimes like ja and fiddy they do and someone always looses when that happens unlike nas and jigga who both came out smelling of roses, hmm I wonder how that happened :rolleyes:

Are you EVER gonna give up jocking on Suge Knight..... sheeesssshhhh.... get over it!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Beefs; I'd definitely have to go with BG Knoccout/Dre'sta vs Tha Dogg Pound... cos that was some old carryover Ruthless/Death Row beef that actually resulted in blows between parties being exchanged....

or probably Kurupt vs Daz Dillinger.....

::: ven0mous :::

Its all his fault I hate him :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Ric_Flair

I thinks its a bit narrow-minded to say that the Jay-Z / Nas Beef is all about money

There was legitamite beef there, ok.. so it started because Dame wanted Jigga to take Nas's throne, but what became of it after that was real beef, if u really think that nas was all about money, then u really dont have any idea about him or the music he makes,

Eh thats a nice piece of revisionist history. Nas went pop and failed big time jigga had released nothing worth listening to in ages, they where both coming off the worse albums of their carriers and the whole nas jigga beef gave them both the spotlight. If it wasnt planned it was really good timing.

Its not narrow minded to suggest this its narrow minded to make out like it couldnt happen. And its very narrow minded to think that nas dosnt care about money, he bloody does the chains on his neck are proof enough of that. And every move jigga makes is about money hes not in the position he is in because he made a few good songs.

• Advertisement

Im not disputing Jigga's love of money...

He's a self pro-claimed "hustler"

Im also not disputing the fact that Nas fell off BIG TIME after "It Was Written"

What I am saying is that in my opinion its ludacris to suggest that their beef was choregraphed (sp?) altought its not beyond the realms of possibility, i think anyone with an inside knowledge of Nas, and even Jigga would realsie that this is simply not true.

Nas and Jays beef was fueled by a desire to be ONE thing... King Of New York (Yes there were other factors) Nas held the crown and Jay coveted it, so he tried to lyrically assassinate him, blow him of the map.. by doing this, Jay would prove once and for all that he was in fact the "God MC / Jahova". Nas retaliated and thats where we get this lyrical battle from...

I can understand an arguement that supports the idea that the Nas v Jigga beef was all about money.. as penultametly (sp?) the King Of New York would stand to earn top dollars, but I cant accept an arguement that says that they orchastrated a fake beef (What I believe the Game and 50 are doing at the moment) in order to boost record sales and increase revenue

Sorry man No Dice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

Was the Nas / Jay Z thing not over someone's "baby mama"?! Or some such thing

Ay Cee wrote:
    Was the Nas / Jay Z thing not over someone's "baby mama"?! Or some such thing

that is EXACTLY what it was over..... some people have VERY VERY short memorys mainly constituted from bull****!!!!!!!

There was more than the "baby mama drama" involved, I just diudnt want to get into aspects outside of rap,

check out the size of the post i put up there...

if i had of included all the non hip hop stuff it would have been a thesis

and if u read what i sed u'd have seen "there were other factors"

at the end of the day I think the beef souly boiled down to who the better rapper was, at least from a fans point of view

ven0m wrote:
    that is EXACTLY what it was over..... some people have VERY VERY short memorys mainly constituted from bull****!!!!!!![/COLOR]

He he, such anger from one so young.

Im going to start using this there were other factors stuff it can come in handy when I dont know what im talking about. Hitler didnt like churchill thats why he started world war 2 and "there were other factors"

The thing is it didnt just boil down to who was the better rapper, nas did a better diss song but all it did was make everyone listen to both their albums if they really didnt like each other why wasnt there an ether/takeover 2, 3 etc till one of them was destroyed like fiddy did to ja cause that was a real beef.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

Kristok wrote:
    if they really didnt like each other why wasnt there an ether/takeover 2, 3 etc till one of them was destroyed like fiddy did to ja cause that was a real beef.

Because Jay-Z went on the radio and admitted defeat after ether came out, and NaS was crowned King Of New York :)

I dont remember jay z admitting anything like that, I do remember him saying that he already replied to ether with super ugly and nas didnt reply back. Also camrom went at him pretty hard too and there was no reply to him either.

Anyway im not saying that it wasnt a real beef but its a bit suspect that it just ended and they both came out of it looking so good.

Can we please drop the king of NY crap too there is no such thing its a magazine saying and if there was 50 would be that king right now and I know none of you want that.

Kristok wrote:
    Can we please drop the king of NY crap too there is no such thing its a magazine saying and if there was 50 would be that king right now and I know none of you want that.

Do you realise there are other ways of rating an artist other than record sales? :rolleyes:

yes theres ammount of fans, impact on hip hop, ability to break new artists, ability to do other things other than rap. Like it or not if there was such thing as king of ny it would be 50 but im sure your going to say its someone either unknown or oldschool. And for the record i think 50 is pretty crap right now but he is by far the king of NY not that that even is anything other than a stupid magazine saying :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

Kristok wrote:
    yes theres ammount of fans, impact on hip hop, ability to break new artists, ability to do other things other than rap.

Jay-Z is better than 50 in probably every one of those categories. Nas' impact on hip hop alone would put him above 50 in my book. I reckon people will remember Nas more than they will 50.

You cant be a king if your retired. And honestly the last 2 nas albums where on par with the massacre at least 50 has had get rich or die tryin and put out other artists who had albums better than the last 2 nas efforts.

As for nas being better than 50 id agree on a lyrical front yes but on the points i made no. 50 has way more fans, has made a bigger global impact, nas has proved time and again that he cant break other artists from his camp and all he is good at is rapping where as 50 is more like jay z when it comes diversity.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

The Massacre on par with God's Son?
    Pull the other one.

Gods son was a pretty weak album on the whole, aside from when it first came out i doubt ive listened to it more than once or twice. And back on topic abit the last real nigga alive was weak considering super ugly, its like nas couldnt come up with anything better than ether so he had to just leave jay alone, or perhaps he didnt want to reply because there was no beef at all and their plan was a success ?

Kristok wrote:
    Gods son was a pretty weak album on the whole, aside from when it first came out i doubt ive listened to it more than once or twice. And back on topic abit the last real nigga alive was weak considering super ugly, its like nas couldnt come up with anything better than ether so he had to just leave jay alone, or perhaps he didnt want to reply because there was no beef at all and their plan was a success ?

Before I wasnt sure but with the last two posts I know your just trolling, anyway here goes, Gods Son weak? the massacre on a par? there are some quality tunes on God's Son such as, Get Down, The Cross(which eminem produced), Made You Look, Dance, Warrior Song, Revolutionary Warefare, Heaven. What more do you need? theres even a song with 2pac for the "2pac rulez" crew. The only song I dont like on the album is Zone Out, with the bravehearts which is admittly shít. What has 50 cent got on his album?, i guarantee there isn't one song that comes lyrically close to any of those songs above.

As for last real nigga alive, i really love this song, its not a diss, he just breaks down alot of stuff and explains it for everybody like the drama with biggie, wu-tang, Steve Stoute and Jay-Z.

Super Ugly was a very weak reply anyway so this wasnt even a reply he's just explaining what went down.

"Jay tried to sneak attack
    Assasinate my character, degrade my hood
    Cause in order for him to be the Don, Nas had to go
    The Gam-B-I-N-O rules I understood
    What you want, see, I already had
    The Gift and The Curse? fúck that shít, the first shall be last
    I'm the man's man, a rapper's rapper
    G-O-D S-O-N, there'll be none after
    I was Scarface, Jay was Manolo
    It hurt me when I had to kill him and his whole squad for dolo"

King a New York is nothing to do with who has the most fans...

The King of New York is the guy who people in the know rate as the top man, the guy with the best lyrics and who's making the most moves

Its pretty obvious to anyone who has being taking notice of the scene who the real KONY is

Jadakiss,

He's the lyrical heavy weight at the moment, he went platinum with the kiss of death and he didnt sell out, he did it off his own back,... now thats making moves, Particullarly in todays mainstream market

What has this got to do with athin? I dont know...

Oh yeah he stuffed fitty in their "beef"

Just for the record so did Fat Joe

50 "is by far the king of NY".... In the words a the late great Big Pun...."Im Laughing at You"

• Advertisement

In relation to "king of new york" - people need to listen to the new Kurupt tracc from 'Against The Grain'; 'SPEAK ON IT'..... cos that is some real talk right there.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭Pen0s

why why why why why

this **** always happens, every single beef thread every single hiphop site that mentions beef always comes back to ****in Jay-Z vs Nas and no one ever backs down, please please drop that crap now its the most played topic ever EVER

and i dont know what my favourite beef is u all annoyed me too much lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Pen0s wrote:
    please please drop that crap now its the most played topic ever EVER
    moneyman wrote:
    no.

Har har, ya thought yid had the final word P Man but as moneyman says, we just wont drop it :D

Personally I thought Jay killed Super Ugly with his "more in Ca`mon" get it line :D But id still rate Nas higher

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement