Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Season 1 Part 1 (R2) in October

Options
  • 09-08-2005 12:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭

Buena Vista Home Entertainment have announced the UK Region 2 DVD release of Lost Season 1 Part 1 for 31st October 2005. Experience the drama unfold as 48 survivors struggle to comprehend the enormity of living through a violent plane crash. Stranded on a remote desert island with death all around them, the band of strangers, enemies and estranged families work together against the cruel weather and harsh terrain to overcome the toughest challenge of their lives. Amongst the survivors is the dashingly handsome Jack (Matthew Fox), a fearless doctor best equipped to cope with the aftermath of the tragedy, Charlie (Dominic Monaghan), a faded rock star harbouring a painful secret and the beautiful Kate (Evangeline Lilly) who surprises herself with her own bravery. As secrets unfold, some characters are thrust deeper into conflict and confusion whilst others find friendships slowly developing amid the chaos and despair that surrounds them. The mysterious and surreal world of the Lost island will have you gripped and wanting more.

This four-disc set includes the first 12 episodes with the following bonus features...
    The Essential Lost
    The Genesis Of Lost
    Designing a Disaster
    Before They Were Lost
    Audition Tapes
    Welcome to Oahu: The Making of the Pilot
    The Art Of Matthew Fox
    Deleted Scenes
    Lost at Comicon
    Lost on Location

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

They're splitting it up?

Stupid idea... money-making scam...

Just buy the R1 DVD...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

steveland? wrote:
    They're splitting it up?

Stupid idea... money-making scam...

Just buy the R1 DVD...
    Agreed.... terrible, terrible idea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Bawpsherep

It's not that crazy an idea to split the series up. When you consider just how many of the dvd buying public are unaware or uninterested in importing discs from the US, I think its a good idea to release this way. Think about it, a tv series starts showing and two months later you can buy the first half of it on dvd instead of waiting god knows how much longer?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

That is so stupid...they have done that with many of the CSI seasons and CSI Miami ones...its a joke. Im guessing people were annoyed by it because I have recently seen complete seasons of CSI.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

i think the worst for this is farscape, that was just pointless and expensive

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

I'm guessing its not gonna be half the price?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

You guess correctly.... bloody rip off.
    That seals the deal for me getting the R1 set.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Xcom2

I blame channel 4.They have been putting off showing it for ages.

The region 1 set of the whole series will be available next month for probably less money than this half set.

Also there are no commentaries listed for this set. :(

X

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

I've had a look around on the net for the R1 complete season one and so far Play USA seems to be the cheapest but will there be import duty/tax on this? Would it be better to buy it from, say, Australia or would there be tax/duty from there, too?

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

genie wrote:
    I've had a look around on the net for the R1 complete season one and so far Play USA seems to be the cheapest but will there be import duty/tax on this? Would it be better to buy it from, say, Australia or would there be tax/duty from there, too?

Thanks!
    Let's hope the plane carrying the DVD doesn't crash on the way back from Australia :)

Afaik import duty only applies to things over €40 so you should be safe depending on who you're ordering it off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

steveland? wrote:
    Let's hope the plane carrying the DVD doesn't crash on the way back from Australia :)

:)

Afaik import duty only applies to things over €40 so you should be safe depending on who you're ordering it off

Uh oh, it's €52.99 at Play USA... :(

But I have found it on a site called Play Centric at US$47.58/€38.24. Anyone heard of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Try Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Will R1 DVDs work over here. I know they will on PCs/Laptops, but what about in my player? Its a Mitsubishi/Black Diamond BD48DVD.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

if it's multi region yes, if not, find a remote hack, if that doesnt work, get a modded xbox, and if all else fails, wait till the R2 one comes out!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭beanyb

obl, my boyfriend's dad works for mitsubishi, and he says that all the black diamond players are multi-regional because they were only available here so they didnt bother locking them. So it should play on it. But if it doesnt, I apologize for my misleading information!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Thanks beanyb

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

beanyb wrote:
    obl, my boyfriend's dad works for mitsubishi, and he says that all the black diamond players are multi-regional because they were only available here so they didnt bother locking them. So it should play on it. But if it doesnt, I apologize for my misleading information!

i think thats true actually. also power city do multi region dvds for about 60 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

tvnutz wrote:
    i think thats true actually. also power city do multi region dvds for about 60 euro.

I need one of those badly, thanks for that post!

Advertisement