Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ichi the Killer

Options
  • 09-08-2005 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Has anyone seen this movie?

I was going to buy it and when I looked at the trailer online, it looked really really gruesome. Dont know if I could handle it!

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

maggz wrote:
    Has anyone seen this movie?

I was going to buy it and when I looked at the trailer online, it looked really really gruesome. Dont know if I could handle it!

It is extremely gruesome. It features various scenes involving severe injury, amputation and beheading, as well as what is possibly the most horribly graphic torture scene I've ever witnessed.

It's also a damn fine film, and even has some hilarious moments in it (well, if you've got a horrible lump of mutant tar passing for a sense of humour like I do). Definitely worth watching.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I loved this movie
    I spent half the time watching it through my fingers and the other half laughing out loud
    horrific but brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

It is an absolute masterpeice, from one of my favorite directors Takashi Miike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Dellgirl

I just watched the trailer..on silent..in work. Thats quite possibly the most disgusting trailer I have ever seen in my life. How anyone can sit throught that is beyond me. Im such a chicken!

from one of my favorite directors Takashi Miike.

would you say that's his best film Karl, or does he have others equally as good?

• Advertisement

Beruthiel wrote:
    would you say that's his best film Karl, or does he have others equally as good?

VERY hard question to answer... A lot of his films are just very different to each other, some of the sombre, slow moving afairs, some all out balls and glory, some whacky fevered dream. Half the time, they're far too different to say which is better or best.

But, yeah, I'll go as far as saying he has some equally as good films. I'd recommend you check out The Happiness Of The Katakuris, which is a bizarre and depraved musical about covering up mysterious deaths. After that, check out Rainy Dog, which is more of a dark and sombre Yakuza film more akin to the films of Takeshi Kitano, it stars Sho Aikawa, who is a fantastic actor altogether. Then check out Audition, which is a bit of a slow burning mystery/thriller that lapses into utter visciousness. And if you really feel up to it, and you think you've really seen everything, see Visitor Q. I'll say nothing about that film though.

excellent
    that Ken :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

ITK is funniest gore movie ive seen in ages. Buy it first chance ya get. Damm fine film, but I wouldent loose my head over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 angry

Does anybody know where this film can be purchased off-line? I've tried the usual suspects but it aint the most mainstream of films :D The trailer looked class, and I have seen a fair few Takashi Miike films. I found each one delivered something new and completely unexpected.
    The last film of his that I saw however, Gozu, I didn't particularly like :( I just found it too out there and fairly difficult to watch.

Not too sure whereabouts you'd find it in Dublin, angry... I'm sure by the usual suspects you mean, HMV, Tower and such, but did you try Forbidden Planet? You might want to see if Sub City would get it for you, I know they've excellent stock in the Sub City in Galway, but the Dublin shop really seems to pale in comparison and has bugger all.

Beruthiel, seen any more Miike films since?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

angry wrote:
    Does anybody know where this film can be purchased off-line? I've tried the usual suspects but it aint the most mainstream of films :D The trailer looked class, and I have seen a fair few Takashi Miike films. I found each one delivered something new and completely unexpected.
    The last film of his that I saw however, Gozu, I didn't particularly like :( I just found it too out there and fairly difficult to watch.

I saw it in buying laser there a few weeks back,dunno if its still there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

It used to be on sale in HMV so I'm sure you could ask them to order it for you.
    The region 2 version released here and in the UK is cut by the way.

Advertisement