Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place for 40k

Options
  • 09-08-2005 2:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭

i recently acquired 40,000 euro inherintance,well an account opened for me in the post office by my grandfather.
    I believe its saving certs, and as far as i know because its the po there is no dirt.
    would it be worth my while to leave it there,move to bank eg rabo, or elsewhere.
    i'm only 18 at the mo and workin part time to fuel my party habits so i dont really seek to withdraw any money for a few yrs...any longer term schemes.

thanks for any advice in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

If you want a no-fuss no-risk investment try Northern Rocks Demand Online a/c. They offer the best rate in Ireland to my knowledge and you have pretty much full access to your money within certain guidelines.

I also hear new market entrant Rabobank are shaking things up a bit on the deposit account front so it might be a good idea to check them out too.

If you definitely won't need the money for a few years you might want to look into investing in the stock market and/or some secure bonds. Your best bet would be to talk to an independent financial advisor who works for a flat fee.

Happy investing whatever you decide to do. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭super123

If you want a no-fuss no-risk investment try Northern Rocks Demand Online a/c. They offer the best rate in Ireland to my knowledge and you have pretty much full access to your money within certain guidelines.

Rabo Bank are offering the best rates in Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

super123 wrote:

Rabo Bank are offering the best rates in Ireland!

I mentioned them as well!

If they are indeed offering a better rate and I was in the country I'd definitely switch but it would be way too much hassle for me while I'm abroad. I'd imagine NR are keeping a very close eye on things (from past experience) so they may well up their rate to match Rabobank in the very near future as we Irish consumer become less prone to consumer inertia (especially regarding the banks and financial products in general).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 larrymo

Hi all

I'm with Northern Rock and getting 3.05%....are Radobank now giving more than that?

Larrymo

Advertisement