Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

electric dog collar fence

Options
  • 08-08-2005 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭

so but who makes the best ones of these for the price

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

I know some people think they are the bees knees but a dog has to be trained, you need to put up the flags provided and run the wire along etc.
    While some find the fences great, other dogs can still get into your property and if the battery goes your dog can get out. Also if the collar is left on all day or for too long dogs can develope nasty rashes.

They are also a crazy price it would probably work out the same to put timber fencing up if you have a smaller area to fence off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

see i have to fence about 1 and a 1/2 acres so it will cost to much so were is the cheapest place to get the collar thanks for the advie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

we used one for our dogs. They are the bizness. But the above point is uber important. If you dont train the dogs with it, they just get hurt and freaked out.

dunno where we got it, over the web somewhere i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭GG66

I'm looking for the same at the moment to fence in about 1 and 1/2 acres.

Not sure which is best but I've come across these two.

http://www.canicom.ie/canifence.htm
    €229.95 with 100M of wire
    €22.50 for additional 100m wire.

http://www.radiofenceireland.com/pricelist.html
    €299 with 150m of wire
    €20 for additional 100m wire

Will be making my decision in the next day, soif anyone has used either I'd like to hear..

GG

Advertisement