Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Clapton Single

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Velvet Vocals

I like it! I think pretty much no matter what clapton does I'll like it though, love his voice!
    But even apart from that, it's a great song. It reminds me of something at the start though, I can't think of it yet.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Malorkus

God, I hate Clapton. Soooo overrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Soooo overrated.

Oky doky. That settles it then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Shane Smith

Malorkus wrote:

:mad:...why you little...Homer-strangling-Bart-small-C7833.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Desmo

Malorkus wrote:
    I am not nuts about him these days but he was at his peak around 35 years ago. Give me some credit. When he was with CREAM (late 60s) someone wrote on a wall near a gig: "Clapton is God" and that seemed to sum up his position in the musical scheme of things then. He was inventive and skilled and Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker played like loonies behind him. Since then he has battled several serious addictions and the accidental death of his 5 year old son. I think he is doing pretty good if he can still get audiences and folks still buy his CDs.

Desmo "dem were de daze"

• Advertisement

Desmo wrote:
    I am not nuts about him these days but he was at his peak around 35 years ago. Give me some credit. When he was with CREAM (late 60s) someone wrote on a wall near a gig: "Clapton is God" and that seemed to sum up his position in the musical scheme of things then. He was inventive and skilled and Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker played like loonies behind him. Since then he has battled several serious addictions and the accidental death of his 5 year old son. I think he is doing pretty good if he can still get audiences and folks still buy his CDs.

Desmo "dem were de daze"

ooops; I meant give HIM some credit :-). Deme days were a bit too good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Velvet Vocals

I have to say, I don't know as much about him as some do... but I wouldn't have ever thought of him as being overrated. If anything, he's rather underrated as guitarists go. My partner is a rather excellent guitarist and as such has a large collection of guitar music and he got this album recently of Clapton playing jazz standards, his own arrangements... I have to say it's some of the best jazz I've listened to in a long time.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

:D you guys are insane. Clapton is the best electric guitarist in the world bar none. Just to see him pick up a guitar on stage sends a shiver of excitment down my spine. See his fantastic "Crossroads " dvd when he outplayed all of the American hot shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭kennier

He is a GREAT guitarist, no question....it's just that, for me, I don't get that shiver that I get from the likes of Jimi & SRV, certainly from his latter stuff. My loss admittedly :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Arrive Alive

Desmo wrote:

Desmo "dem were de daze"
    Ah someone who has heard of Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker! Yes they were some of the best Blues players that ever lived.One of the Best Bands of that era was "The Graham Bond Organisation".They played regularly at "The Marquee" in Wardour St.

• Advertisement

Ah someone who has heard of Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker! Yes they were some of the best Blues players that ever lived.One of the Best Bands of that era was "The Graham Bond Organisation".They played regularly at "The Marquee" in Wardour St.

Either Bruce or Baker (or both maybe) said jokingly that Cream was really a jazz band but they never told Eric. They were all of them very fancy musicians.
    Bruce has done lots of interesting stuff over the years.

Eric was wonderful with Cream but I am not nuts about his more balladic stuff
    since them.

Desmo

• Registered Users Posts: 39 redfender_man

He's a great singer that particular talent is under rated. Saw him at The Point last tour .. very powerful player .. live is his real thang.

Advertisement