Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easy Teasers...

Options
  • 06-08-2005 6:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭

To stimulate your brain cells before you kill them later.

1. There is a town where 5 percent of all the people living there have unlisted phone numbers. If you selected 100 names at random from the town's phone directory, on average, how many of these people would have unlisted phone numbers?

2. What five letter word, no matter how you pronounce it, is always pronounced wrong?

3. Which English word is pronounced the same if you take away the last four letters?

4. The more I am, the less you see. Strange result! What can I be?

5. What runs, but never walks, has a mouth but never talks?

6. What has four fingers and a thumb, but is not made of flesh, fish, bone, or fowl?

7. I sound like a word of one letter, but I’m actually three. Look the same from both ends - I’m a palindrome you see.

8. I’m the beginning of the end, and the end of time. Who knows? - You might even find me at the end of this rhyme.

9. Susan didn't like to tell her age, so when she was asked, her mother would answer for her. Her mother said, 'I'm just seven times as old as she is now. In twenty years, she'll be just half the age that I will be then.' How old is Susan?

10. What relationship to you is your father's only brother's wife's only brother-in-law?

Comments

2.Wrong

3.Queue

4.Darkness?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

1. ?
    2. wrong
    3. ?
    4. ?
    5. a river
    6. ?
    7. ?
    8. e
    9. ?
    10. father

to lazy to try figure the rest out!!:0

5.River?

10.Father

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

All answers given so far are right...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

6. A glove
    7. Eye
    8. The letter 'e'
    10. Your father

• Advertisement

9. Four

Told ya they were easy...

That just leaves 1

1. 100

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

1. none of them

KittenKiller gets it.....Well done girl...

All done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

1- none if they are all from the phone directory :rolleyes:

EDIT: Woops, by the time I had read all the Q's and seen most were answered and replied, KK had already answered number 1 :o

Ah I thought the end said "How many had listed numbers?" :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

1. 5
    2. wrong
    3. Q
    4. dark
    5. river
    6. glove
    7. eye
    8. e
    9. 4
    10. My father

10/10?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Msfc

Imagine you are kidnapped by terrorists and one of them says to you: ''you are allowed to make one statement. If what you say is true, you will be shot; if what you say is false, you will be hanged.'' What statement can you make to save your life??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Is it, 'I want to be Hanged?', if they think its true they have to shoot you but that then turns it into a lie which means they'd have to hang you but if they hanged you it would be the truth and so on and so on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

shot where?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Reaver772

Your not gonna shoot me, your gonna hang me.

practically right jonnybadd.. you say ''i will be hanged'' you will be neither shot nor hanged, coz if the statement you make is true then you should be hanged but the terrorist has said you will be shot if your statement is true; similarly you cannot be hanged either!

heres another one: you are in the hands of terrorists. This time one of them tells you: ''you can ask one question, if i give you a correct answer to your question you will be saved; otherwise you will be shot.'' What question do you ask to save your life?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Are you going to shoot me?

• Advertisement

you ask ''what will you say next?'' so no matter what he says itll be the right answer!! anyone else got some???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Jerryc

How many animals of each species did Moses take onto the ark?

Twas Noah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Shellie13

Will you shoot me?

Advertisement