Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

g\f 21st birthday

Options
  • 06-08-2005 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

My gf is Lativan, and her 21st is coming up in 3 weeks, the thing is she is here only 4 months now and came with her sister who has left today to go live in London, Which means she has very few close friends here, Which in turn makes it difficult for me to organise a party for her, So i am looking for any suggestions you might have, i want her to have a great day and not sure what to do etc
    Any help greatly appericated
    P.s we are going out 3 months now if that makes any difference,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

yeah bring her away bud or maybe a nice meal and a few scoops...get her something thats shes into otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 21,253 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

she has very few close friends here, Which in turn makes it difficult for me to organise a party for her

Then maybe don't try. Not being smart, but I would imagine it could be quite awkward to be at a party in your honour, and there is f*ck all people there, or the people who are there are from rent-a-crowd.

If you don't go away, then go for a nice dinner and then maybe meet up with a group of your friends afterwards in a pub. That way it won't be like a party where she would be missing her mates from home, but still a good night out for her.

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

If you don't go away, then go for a nice dinner and then maybe meet up with a group of your friends afterwards in a pub. That way it won't be like a party where she would be missing her mates from home, but still a good night out for her.

And also a way of introducing her into your circle of friends.
    I find that taking the person out yourself, though, as opposed to throwing them in a situation brimming with people (especially strangers) is by far a more effective method of displaying your care for said person, as long as it's not too overbearing.

Ask her what she would like to do, and treat her. Throw in a suprise of your own, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

bring her to galway or somewhere in Ireland. Since she's only been here a few months. OR maybe, if you're in Dublin, do the sea safari thingy that's bring you out on a boat around dublin bay/ ireland's eye and all that malarky and then a meal afterwards. Be nice with the good weather lately. http://www.seasafari.ie/

Or bring her for a picnic in the Dublin mountains. (Well I'd like one of those options for me birthday pressie anyway. )

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭crazymonkey

thanks for all advice so far, i am not near Dublin, but i like the idea for going on the 'Sea safari thingy". wouldn't mind the drive for that one, she does not want to go to london, wants to see more of ireland first,

• Advertisement
Advertisement