Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2, episode 4: "Resistance"

Options
  • 06-08-2005 12:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭

I'm looking forward to this episode, after the events of last week. Should be fun.

How was tonight's Galactica? 25 votes

It was amazing!
    0% 0 votes
    It was great!
    20% 5 votes
    It was okay...
    40% 10 votes
    It was crap!
    40% 10 votes
    I'd rather watch Andromeda!
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Fenster is there ever an episode you're not looking forward to or that doesn't look good based on previews/previous events? :p

Anyway, decent standard episode. I really loved Gaius' killing the Chief (temporarily) to get his answers - hah! And who else feels Boomer just said eight to make him stop? Boomer's subsequent death was fairly obvious though, I felt. Had a real Oswald/Ruby feel to it. Like the fact the Chief is still implicated though.

Tighe going into full military dictatorship mode was good - he's really not cut out. Still felt it was also obvious that Adama would turn up this week in the middle of the crisis. Oh well.

The Prez. escaping was interesting for the possibilities it might set up. Running to Zarek to try and hide gives the idea of some bizarre shadow resistance on the move. The threat of civil war is a good one :)

Oh and the Caprica stuff? Pretty dull this week.

Rating it as an average episode myself because, let's face it, not all episodes can be "good" without good eventually being average..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Pretty enjoyable episode overall. Apart from the really cool Baltar stuff it was very predictable tho.

I dont think the 8 number was just to keep Baltar happy tho, as with the 4 toasters we have seen so far + the 8 mentioned by Boomer, thats the amount of total cylon models overall?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,911 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Who the frack voted "Okay" for this, this was the first episode of "Battlestar" that I ever gave the "Amazing" vote to. At long last, the plot is moving nicely along.

What would be cool is if that jock guy turned out to be Cylon and impregnated Starbuck.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

Either I'm going doddery or I havent noticed that the cylons are being called toasters before now?? I presume it's only the clinky metal machine ones that are getting that title.

Very good episode.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Stark wrote:
    Who the frack voted "Okay" for this, this was the first episode of "Battlestar" that I ever gave the "Amazing" vote to. At long last, the plot is moving nicely along.
    That was me. Firstly, it's "okay" relative to BSG, which means it's "good" or "very good" relative to most series.

Secondly, as I said, I just saw a few too many things coming before they happened and the Jack Ruby moment was a bit too heavy-handed *shrug*. Plus the Caprica plot seemed setup but with no real interesting destination that I can see.
    EarthMan wrote:
    Either I'm going doddery or I havent noticed that the cylons are being called toasters before now??
    Errr... you're actually going doddery. They've been referred to as toasters from the start...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I agree with Ioxy on it only being an ok episode (forgot to vote). There were simply no plot devices this time to rank it as amazing.

1)Adama was bound to wake up.

2)Boomer getting wasted by the Chief's friend was telegraphed so far ahead that it was surprising how bad it was done seeing how well the rest of the series have been.

3) Apollo and the security guard helping the Prez escape is a rehash of him helping her before. Dee joining the little party was headlined from the little walks she took with him every time he was sent to the brig.

4) Ty's wife stiring the **** has been done way to many times not to see it coming along with his horny rage towards her.

5)The whole caprica plot is getting silly now.

The only thing out of character was Baltar being so badass in this episode at the Chief's expense.

BSG is a kick ass show but this episode was not amazing by any means.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,911 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Sometimes an organic development is good I find. I found Farscape went down hill a bit after they tried to introduce too many surprises. The important thing I thought was that up till now it had been gritty, but I found it was usually in a "oh no, we're being chased by cylons, redshirts dying left right and centre" kind of way. This time round it was in a former allies, really hurting each other kind of way. Which was far more challenging to watch.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

ixoy wrote:
    Errr... you're actually going doddery. They've been referred to as toasters from the start...
    heh! I'm picturing myself as the old man with altzheimers at the wedding in 4 weddings and a funeral now when Hugh Grant responsible for the seating said to him "Bride or Groom" and he replied " I should think it's perfectly obvious I'm neither!" :D

In my defence I hadnt paid much attention to the toasters thing untill this episode,it stood out as being used a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

This episode seemed fairly "meh" after all that.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Happy with that Ep. Nice and fast and a lot was goin on. Nice to see the Doc have a darkside. Cool ending. That Fracking word is in it to fracking much,thats what i fracking think,you fracker!

Uh............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Venom wrote:
    Pretty enjoyable episode overall. Apart from the really cool Baltar stuff it was very predictable tho.

I dont think the 8 number was just to keep Baltar happy tho, as with the 4 toasters we have seen so far + the 8 mentioned by Boomer, thats the amount of total cylon models overall?
    Post reported for racist derogatory term ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I thought that episode was great. Maybe it was the lack of sleep catching up on me but I didn't see the assanation of boomer coming at all, and I never noticed how Ruby/Oswald the scene was until I read this now. Still, I liked it all the same. I guess the Chief will be exonerated as Baltar's detector 'works' now. I wonder though if he'll tell anyone that he knows how many Cylons are still in the fleet? He didn't seem to be doing anything with this information in that episode anyway, perhaps he want's it for his own plans?

I'm also assuming that the Caprica development is a way to get them off the planet, hopefully soon.

Overall, very good. Can't wait till the weekend for more.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

jor el wrote:
    I'm also assuming that the Caprica development is a way to get them off the planet, hopefully soon.
    Or more likely it's a way of getting them to settle in for the long run.

What was up with that crazy baseketball game anyway? The pitch was a little bit on the small side.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

great episode up till the end, the boomer getting moved to the new cell and shot seemed like something from a star trek enterprise final series plot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I think they could have kept Adama out of it for at least another episode. Apollo is really annoying me with his support the prez no matter what attitude; he's supposed to be a soldier god damnit! Killing off Sharon was also a bit premature. I thought there were more uncharacteristic plot holes than usual as well. But despite all of these gripes, I still thought it was good.

Now that we have our commander back, I hope the show will start picking up speed :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Apollonaire

great episode up till the end, the boomer getting moved to the new cell and shot seemed like something from a star trek enterprise final series plot.
    Reminded me more of the Lee Harvey Oswald shooting by Ruby. Just like the shooting on those civilians reminded me of the Kent State Shootings.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Does anyone else think that Cally might be a cylon? They were moving Boomer to do tests on her that perhaps the cylons didn't want them to be able to do on her when she was alive. And by killing Boomer they would be freeing her if her consciousness could be downloaded into another Boomer model?

Also in the previous episode Six had predicted that one of the group on Kobol would betray the others and it was Cally's refusal to move that caused Baltar to shoot Crashdown.

As for the rest of the episode, what exactly was the point of the 'Pyramids' sequence? I thought that was pretty lame. And I hope the survivors on Caprica story works out. It didn't really work for me. The cylons just seem too on top of things to allow 53 humans to live together in a school. Especially if they had managed to kill half of them the week before, why not just kill them all? I guess they could be manipulating them in some way.

And did Baltar actually use his cylon detector on the Cheif?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

iguana wrote:
    Also in the previous episode Six had predicted that one of the group on Kobol would betray the others and it was Cally's refusal to move that caused Baltar to shoot Crashdown.

This was pretty ambiguous, imo.

Did Cally betry them by not attacking?

Did Helo betray them by pulling a gun on her?

Did Baltar betray them by shooting Helo?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Crashdown's plan was believed by the rest to be a stupid one which would have gotten them killed. As they were all going to be good soldiers and go on the suicide mission, whoever 'betrayed' them could actually be the one to save them.

Cally refusing to move as ordered was what saved them on Kobol. The cylons obviously have plans for Baltar and would want to save him, but not in an obvious way. And if Cally is a cylon them by getting killed on Kobol she would lose her position to spy on Galactica.

Also Six kept mentioning that if you die on Kobol your soul goes nowhere. Which would suggest that there may be some sort of interference which prevents the minds of any cylons killed on Kobol from downloading to a copy. Making any cylon very anxious to not get killed.

Six also said that what happens on Kobol is not part of God's plan. So she would have to have had good reason to tell Baltar that one of the group would betray them, as it was not part of the overall plan. But she would guess that the cylon in the group would not want to do anything to risk being killed. So I figure that either Cally or the Chief is a cylon, or both.

Advertisement