Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A funny oul relationship question...

Options
  • 05-08-2005 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

First post in a loooooooong time!

Anyways, so i *had* been seeing this girl that i met in America for about a year (Shes from scotland, i live in N.ireland). We were seeing each other as much as we could which wasnt a fantastic amount, like once every 3/4 weeks for a weekend-4days and then back to the old phone call based relationship, due to finanical reasons and workload for me in final year of uni. Recently it has got quiter between us and we hadnt been talking as much on the phone and havent seen each other since the start of July. Recently she rang me and explained that she wasnt happy spending this much time apart, and because she has 2 years of uni left and i am starting a job in the south of England in a months time, things probably wouldnt get any better for seeing each other.

TBH i had been thinking the same things. But she was a really cool and hot girl who ive gotta admit in one way or another i did love. I genuinely liked her as a person.

So we decidied to break up officially and stay in contact, like me going to visit her and vica versa. Which leads to the question.... should i keep seeing her as "friends" and see what happens when we are in a place where we could be in the same geographical place or should i cut my loses, talk to her on the phone an all, but not visit her or anything and get on with doing other things in life?

Im kinda resigned to the fact that for the moment its over, but should i keep in good enough contact that something could happen again down the line??

Thanks for reading and all opinions are valued. PJ

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

i personally think that being friends is the hardest thing to do , sometimes when your with the ex you remember all teh good times and you forget the bad , ive tried been friends and it doesnt work , i dont think but it might for you

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭PersonalJesus

Crazy thing is that there were no bad times. We never fought, like never. We hate the situation, not one another. Thats the main thing thats stops us being together. (Well this is how i see things anyway, for all i know she may just be using it as an excuse, but i do trust her when she says it, she aint that kinda girl)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

its really great staying friends until someone get a new partner...u seem fairly level headed and to genuinly like this girl so i'd keep in touch if i was u...its not always easy to find people u get on with,especially of the opposite sex...just make sure ur willing to let her go as a girlfriend if she gets someone knew

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

jcoote wrote:
    its really great staying friends until someone get a new partner...

yeah and thats when it feel like 100 hammers cmoning down on your heart
    its the hardest thing staying friends but from what im reading you havent got a valid reason to split , love concurs all barriers

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hey Boss - why don't U try getting a job near her in America ? Since U sound positive about things. That don't happen ever day between the man and the woman ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭PersonalJesus

Yeah i did say "I couldnt bear the thought of her being with another man". And its true. But i know its an innevitability as she is a really affectionate girl(do not read as slutty!!;)) and guys fall for her all the time. I think that would be one of the big problems, but i reckon i could get over it and should it happen that we were both feeling the same way in a few years time, as remote a possibility as it may seem, then we may take off from where we left. Or am i just thinking wishfully? I dont wanna ruin the rest of her time at uni for her, in the same way i dont want to be pining after her esp when im moving away from home to start a career and could end up being miserable.

Note to self:Dont listen to Neil Young "Lonesome me" tonight!!!

Edit: Damn you you little smilie bugger

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

tbh u could do the relationship somehow but it would require a hell of a lot of work and only seeing a person once a month and being faithful isn't easy either.

Advertisement