Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suduko

• 04-08-2005 3:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭

I've become obsessed with these lately and need more of them! Does anyone know where you can get them on the net?
    Sorry if this is in the wrong place mods.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DawnMc

What?

Here's a trial version of a Sudoku PC game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

thanx aristotle, I've seen that one before but I'd prefer to get ones that I can print off and work at properly rather than sitting at a computer, drives my head trying ot do them on here.

Le Rack wrote:
    thanx aristotle, I've seen that one before but I'd prefer to get ones that I can print off and work at properly rather than sitting at a computer, drives my head trying ot do them on here.

Oh then here's a good site.

excellent thank you!

• Advertisement

DawnMc wrote:
    What?
    its a Japanese number puzzle, they're great, lok insid ethe front of the Irish Times or at the links here, you'll know em when you see em.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Genghis

I don't think you will have much luck, sudoku, afaik, is controlled by one corporation and given away free to newspapers only for publication. They want you to buy puzzles, games, CD-roms, etc. There probably is somewhere you can subscribe for these, but not get for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Hercule

You can play a flash version online for free at www.miniclip.com its the same game but it has some options like timers,difficulty settings and music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭Whatever_fools

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

I've got a book full of them somewhere...

• Advertisement

I've played it there but they are really easy one I had completed all three difficulty levels in like an hour and a bit and they only change the puzzle once a day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

Great Suduko book on Amazon for £2.25 plus delivery.

We have on in work which the "book man" brought in. There's hundreds of them - all of different difffilulty levels.

Well worth it if you're into it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0007213506/qid=1123168762/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_19_1/202-0425508-2362246

thanks guys the second site Aristotle gave me is good, I did a few googles but didn't come up with much just explanations and stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Hodges & Figg's in Dublin have tons of books about and containg Suduko puzzles going from €3. Ive been tempted to pick one up myself... might have to the next time im in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Le Rack wrote:
    I've become obsessed with these lately and need more of them! Does anyone know where you can get them on the net?
    Sorry if this is in the wrong place mods.

I don't believe this.I've spent the best part of 2 months flirting and chasing the girl with the best legs on boards that goes by the name of Le Rack and then she goes and destroys all my dreams and hard work by posting this load of crap thread
    I'm sorry honeybunch but If you like the Sudoko, you are a tosser. I'm sorry sweetcheeks, but if you are that devoid of any imagination, that you have to get your kicks figuring out which number goes where, then you need to get out. Find beauty in ****ing nature. Hug a tree, stroke an animal, for ****'s sake, you are going to die, so don't waste your time poring over a ****ing number square. Completing one is marginally less satisfying than taking a ****. Thousands of people do these every day, and most of them will complete, just like you. Congratulations babydoll! You are mediocre. I hope your parents are proud of your sheer averageness. If you put the same level of effort into social interaction as you did pointless puzzles, then pehaps you wouldn't be crying yourself to sleep at night due to the slow, creeping realisation that you have wasted your entire meagre existance on ****ty little insignificant, what are essentially parlour games.
    although in fairness none of this changes the fact that you have got one damn fine pair of sexy pins.xxx

your funny!
    Actually I'm the only one in y family that can really do and I don't bother with the easy ones I only do the harder ones so does it not appeal to you that I'm intelligent as well as sexy?
    And haven't I taught you anything! Nerds are way hornier than bog standard people!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Le Rack wrote:
    your funny!
    Actually I'm the only one in y family that can really do and I don't bother with the easy ones I only do the harder ones so does it not appeal to you that I'm intelligent as well as sexy?
    And haven't I taught you anything! Nerds are way hornier than bog standard people!

Nah its over,you're not the woman i thought you were,
    I guess Pigheads gonna have to find a new obsession,its sad tho,i'll miss her.As much as I hate her, she has a great body, perfectly designed to emerge from a cold pool.Time for Pighead to move on
    A 1 A 2 A 1 2 3 4
    THERE'S A WORLD, THAT'S WAITING TO UNFOLD,
    A BRAND NEW TALE, NO ONE HAS EVER TOLD,
    WE'VE JOURNEY'D FAR BUT, YOU KNOW IT WON'T BE LONG,
    WE'RE ALMOST THERE AND WE'VE PAID OUR FARE, WITH THE HOBO SONG.

MAYBE TOMORROW, I'LL WANT TO SETTLE DOWN,
    UNTIL TOMORROW, I'LL JUST KEEP MOVING ON.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Godamm it Pighead, I'm hot, sexy and intelligent and I also weirdly like doing So Doku. What do we have to do to sexify it enough for you?

Waterstones currently have books of the Times Su Doku puzzle on sale half-price at the moment. Puts them somewhere around E4, methinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

did i see a carol voderman book of suduko's? or am i going mad?

every rose has its thorn............

I'm gonna cry in a corner somewhere, I thought we would be together forever......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Femmy wrote:

I will reassure you of your sanity. Somehow she had information to fill an entire book with the small doings of Sudoku.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You can print out the Irish Times Sudoku from their website!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

grimloch wrote:
    I will reassure you of your sanity. Somehow she had information to fill an entire book with the small doings of Sudoku.

ok phew! thanks

Yeah its okay your sane I was looking to buy a book of em today nad seen that one but it was ten quid and I got a littler one for 3.50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

I also enjoy doing sudoku every now and again, dunno if I'd be spending an hour a day on it though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

dudara wrote:
    I'm hot, sexy and intelligent

Photographic evidence required, bikini optional*.

*as in you can wear either the bikini or nothing; your choice...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Femmy wrote:
    yeah I saw it too. But its a tenner!!! There are loads of better ones..

Advertisement