Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's been years since Tramore

Options
  • 04-08-2005 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Haven't lived or been there for 21 years (since I was 7), anyone in Tramore answer me a few quick questions?

What's Tramore Heights like now as an area to live?

Is Cunningham's chipper still there?

Where the hell was down around (read it on another thread, remember hearing it as a kid)?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Dunno about the first one but cunninghams is still there and down around is down around the amusements/arcades

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Ahh, sweet! I'll never forget their chips. Are they still quality?

Vaguely remember down around, and the beachfront being completely empty on a freezing cold day coming home from school.

Was thinking of heading down for a weekend, but might leave it til the winter after reading that thread about all the knacks down there.

cukin Dubs, jeebus, we've been lucky in Galway and managed to price them out of here. Is Dungarvan just as bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,539 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Buckfast wrote:
    Ahh, sweet! I'll never forget their chips. Are they still quality?

?

Still the best in the land. I drive out regulary from the city to indulge myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Cunninghams chips were crap in my day. Maybe they raised thier game after we left town!

Remember the cinema? Its so long since it was open I've forgotten the name of the place. Brannigan, Kelly Heroes and Mission To Mars were a few of the titles I saw there. They had a poster for a 1976 flick called The Fuzz on display for about 5 years!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭DéiseGirl

Tramore Heights is around the corner from my house, quiet enough area, less traffic going through the estate now since the "new road" I'd imagine, though I'm not home that much myself.

Cunninghams are really expensive and sometimes the chips are hit and miss but got some really delicious ones the other day. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Tramore Hights is built up now yup, not to bad of a place. Its not "posh" and it aint "rough". Its in the middle really. Im up there a lot myself.

Cunninghams I dont go to anymore. Found the chips were dodgy, and a small bag of chips is to expensive. I go to Tony's chipper - one big nice bag of chips for €1.60 (or there abouts) and you can sit in there too. Cunninghams are to expensive and as DéiseGirl said herself - its "hit and miss".

The old cinema is replaced by a shop called "Cahills", its a complete mess in there but they do good business!

Down-around is mainly from the end of Galways hill covering the amusments and the beach. Normaly when people say downaround they mean from the Sands Hotel to the Park and nowhere else - in the summer its the scum of the town. Hence the topic "Scum in Tramore over the bank holiday weekend"..

Apparently, Dungarvan is still pretty good and not one bit of a rough crowd out there. Probably cause there are less pubs and hotels that will take these pricks and also - there are no arcades like Tramore has.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭DéiseGirl

Cahills, what an Aladdin's Cave that is :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

ahh that shop is mad.. popped in there a few weeks back to get a birthday card.. like WTF is going on in there.. do they actually sell half that junk they
    stock there...

Its like all the junk from the old shops downaround that closed ended up in
    there..

I dunno..

Tox

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

If it doesnt sell then they'll simply put it all into their vast storage space that is the old cinema and put it out next year. I reckon the same happens with the sweets and other perishable goods.

I think it's an achievement if you bought in-date penny jellies :)

Advertisement