Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ronan Blunt?

• 03-08-2005 4:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

The first time i heard that "you're beautiful" song on the Today FM breakfast show several weeks ago, for the first 30secs i thought it was a Gift Grub sketch. Y'know, with Ronan on vocals. But i thought it curious that there were no jokes apart from the awful awful and obvious rhyming dictionary lyrics... Not funny in a laugh out loud way, but seat squirmingly cringeworthy, like some of the scenes from The Office...

Imagine my horror on finding out its a real single, by a real "artist"... And now it seems to be getting lots of airplay. :eek: Well i can live with that, i think to myself. I'll just turn off the radio until it to falls off radio playlists. BUT i was just perusing the line up for the Electric Picnic, and theres James Blunt!

What are the odds i might hear that song being sung along to by thosands of people?! I just hope it doesn't ruin the weekend for me... :mad:

Has to be the worst song this year my ears have been subjected to on a regular basis...

wheres the justice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭eggshapedfred

james blunt? is that rhyming slang?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Oh I hate that song so much!

The whole James Blunt saga is typical of the blinded nature of the radio stations and the supermarket cd buying group have over music today. The song is sh!t and I could name at the top of my head at least 50 superior singer songwriters out there.

2004 was a terrific and exciting year for music but 2005 has gone bland just like the previous years due to tripe like Mr. Blunt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

That opening line, "My life is brilliant", makes me want to break things.
    Doesnt help that he sounds so annoying when he sings it and then repeats it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

cashback wrote:
    That opening line, "My life is brilliant", makes me want to break things.
    Doesnt help that he sounds so annoying when he sings it and then repeats it.

I think its his ronan-esque nasal whine when he sings it that makes him sound even more annoying. Saw him interviewed at the weekend and hes a muppet - and wtf is the story with the video ? :confused:

Advertisement