Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Away

Options
  • 03-08-2005 6:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Okay I met this girl for 3 days, and we spent those 3 days togeather and became really close togeather, we made out and stuff like that, but she live an hour and a half away from me, and I really do like her and I have feelings for her and cant stop thinking of her, but the prob is, "parents", they wont let me drive that far to see her or anything, they hardly trust me with girls anymore anywho, but another thing I'm not usually attracted to girls who are like with more than one guy at once, so I'm affraid if I went out with her she would cheat on me, idk why I'm attracted to her but I really like her a lot, and I wish we could be togeather... :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

how old are you? Why don't your parents trust you with girls?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

you're old enough to drive but your parents are stopping you from seeing a girl that they don't even know :confused:
    time to cut the apron strings bro.

/edit
    just noticed that you're from the states...
    i don't do advice for Americans.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Maybe my brain isnt functioning properly today but I have no idea what your on about.

Why don't your parents trust you with girls?
    What do you mean your not attracted to girls who are with more than one guy at once?
    Is this girl already with someone?

I think some more info is needed and for you to tell us really whats going on.

Anyway if you like her then go for it. No better advice than that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 djblueice

I am 16, and I used to have a girlfriend for like 1 year, and my parents found out that we were having sex, and they werent too happy with that, and I mean Im not attracted to girls who flirt with other guys when they are going out with you, or stuff like that, or cheat on you if you know what I mean...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

people will always flirt, whether they mean to or not. its human nature. often it means nothing. hell, im married, and i flirt all the time. its not a bad thing. dont think of it as a bad thing.

if you want to see this girl again, why not just meet up with her in town or something. both of you get a bus or something and meet up.
    just because you cant drive to her house , its not the end of the world.

and if you are going to have sex, use a condom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭crazymonkey

djblueice wrote:
    I am 16, and I mean Im not attracted to girls who flirt with other guys when they are going out with you, or stuff like that, or cheat on you if you know what I mean...

No, what do u mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dimitri

djblueice wrote:
    I am 16, and I used to have a girlfriend for like 1 year, and my parents found out that we were having sex, and they werent too happy with that, and I mean Im not attracted to girls who flirt with other guys when they are going out with you, or stuff like that, or cheat on you if you know what I mean...
    Not too many people are keen on there gf's flirting or cheating on them however as the mighty wwm said flirting is human nature and is something you'll have to get used to. However i will say this to you, i dont have a car and my gf goes to college in anther county ( two hour bus journey) but we both make the effort, getting the bus aint cheap especially when you have to take work off for the weekend to do it. What i would say is follow wwm advice for a while and at least try to show your parents your a bit responcible(sp?) about things and they may trust you a little more both with the car and your sex life. Though at 16 parents tend to still think your kid, hell i still get it at 19!! I'm rambleing a bit here but if things get a bit serious then travelling to see each other and trusting each other is definetely worth the effort.

I mean, I'm afraid of getting cheated on, and I don't want my heart broken, and thanx for the advice guys...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

you pay your money, and you take your chances.

otherwise, what else can you do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

You've spent 3 days with this girl, and you're already afraid of getting cheated on? I think you need to step back and look at the actual relationship you have with this girl.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

First off man every person flirts its human nature. Dont read anything into it ok? Secondly if you like this girl you need to trust her. Ultimately thats what your average run of the mill relationship is built on. Did something happen in your previous relationship that is causing you to have trouble trusting girls?

Secondly dont worry about the distance. My girlfriend is from Athlone and I live in Dublin. Thats 2 hours away but we take turns every weekend to get the bus or train down to see each other. Its really no big deal and you get used to it very easily. We have been together a long time and havent had any problems with this.

If it is gonna be a distance relationship then its going to be even more based on trust. You will be sitting at home wondering what your girlfriend is getting up to, who is she with etc. but you need to trust her just like she needs to trust you. It works both ways.

Tbh I think you just have a problem trusting people which you need to get over, Give it a try. If your not in you cant win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭b3t4

Side note: If this guy is from America, from my little experience of the public transport system there it might not be an option for the OP. We are extremely lucky in this country as far as public transport is concerned, no matter how much we complain about it.

As regards your issue OP I think the rest have offered very good advice

A.

Yeah we don't have much of bus rides, let alone train rides, its whoever can take you down there...But yes I have caught previous gfs cheating on me so thats why I cant trust much... :(

I found a really good song about how I feel...Superman - Eminem

We'll be friends,
    I'll call you again,
    I'll chase you around every bar you attend,
    Never know what kind of car i'll be in,
    [Woman Screaming]
    We'll see how much you'll be partying then,
    You don't want that,
    Neither do I,
    I don't wanna flip when I see you with guys,
    Too much pride,
    Between you and I,
    Not a jealous man, but females lie,
    But I guess that's just what sl*ts do,
    How could it ever be just us two?
    Never loved you enough to trust you,
    We just met and I just fu*ked you,
    But I do know one thing though,
    Bit*hes they come they go,
    Saturday through Sunday monday,
    Monday through Sunday yo,
    Maybe I'll love you one day,
    Maybe we'll someday grow,

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dimitri

djblueice wrote:
    Yeah we don't have much of bus rides, let alone train rides, its whoever can take you down there...But yes I have caught previous gfs cheating on me so thats why I cant trust much... :(

Sucks about the buses but you really got to look at your trust issue at some point. I understand the mentality of once bitten twice shy and i'm not going to suggest you give everyone you meet your total trust straight away but if you care about someone than you have to trust them. No matter how hard you try you can't be everywhere at once you'll just have to have faith in the girl and believe she loves you enough not to cheat, otherwise every relationship you have will be a constant struggle including people your not romantically involved with.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Tiffany

tman wrote:
    /edit
    just noticed that you're from the states...
    i don't do advice for Americans.
    :confused:

Advertisement