Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[READ] Yis are all banned

Options
  • 03-08-2005 4:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 78,352 ✭✭✭✭

OK, you are not banned, but based on the pattern for the last week*, I feel like banning people "just like that". Personal Issues is not a random discussion board like After Hours, nor one for robust argument ("I want to win, so I'm going to make you lose") like the Politics board. This is a board for helping people.

PEOPLE WITH PERSONAL ISSUES ARE WELCOME

* "You're stupid!", "No, you're stupid!", "No, you are wrong, **you** are stupid!" followed by "whinge, I've been banned unfairly".

Comments

you the dogs bolix victor! :D

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Are you not happy, knowing that some things just never change? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭planck2

To be honest Victor you haven't really justified what you would like to ban people for.
    And if you want the threads to stay on topic or if threads come up which aren't really suitable for this forum then you should really monitor the situation more closely. And if Beruthiel and Thaed don't a problem, what's your problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

Planck2 I think you shoudl read more threads in this Forum reently to understand what he means, also if a Mod in a Forum is putting down some ground rules, they would have the approval of the others in that group,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭kawaii

I do agree with what you're saying Victor...

But what if a poster is incorrect about something and when corrected becomes all arrogant?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

planck2 wrote:
    And if Beruthiel and Thaed don't a problem, what's your problem?

I have many problems, none of which I have time to address here, most of my thoughts on these matters are in the charter anyways.
    I think, that if we all just kept in mind that we are here to help in this forum things would go more smoothly.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

kawaii wrote:
    I do agree with what you're saying Victor...

But what if a poster is incorrect about something and when corrected becomes all arrogant?

if its factually incorrect, then feel free to be a smug bas7ard and point it out.

however, there is no such thing as a wrong opinion, only different points of views.

if you feel a point of view is so totally wrong (like, all black people should be shot because i think so) then feel free to debate it, and back up your arguments with useable and sensible points.

if someone has a different opinion and you just dont see eye to eye, then you know what, thats ok.

you are allowed to have different points of view.

it seems far too many people think their advice is the correct one and will argue the same point all day, BUT JUST USE CAPITALS, BECAUSE IF YOU USE CAPITALS, APPARENTLY YOUR POINT BECOMES SO MUCH MORE OBVIOUS, THAT ONLY AN IDIOT WOULD FAIL TO GET IT.

by the way, use of caps is a banning offence :)

but with all things, situations, tones, undercurrents and history dictate wht happens to a poster. the rules are all maliable, bendable and breakable under different circumstances, so if anyone starts getting pedantic for getting banned for something, i will feel free to tell them to shag off and stop being a big baby.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

well done Victor,
    btw I find if you say "Banned, because I felt like it..." after banning someone
    then you will have a wave of people gladly volunteering to be banned that will make your weeding out the muppets job much more easier ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 neadla

You said it Victor. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭planck2

fair enough

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I agree totally with Victor,
    This trend has to stop,
    too many threads have wandered off into that over the last while.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Victor wrote:
    OK, you are not banned, but based on the pattern for the last week*, I feel like banning people "just like that". Personal Issues is not a random discussion board like After Hours, nor one for robust argument ("I want to win, so I'm going to make you lose") like the Politics board. This is a board for helping people.

Do you want to talk about it man?...

• Registered Users Posts: 78,352 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Do you want to talk about it man?...
    Its the stress man. ;)

Advertisement