Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

COD tips and tricks

• 02-08-2005 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭

Iv had this game for ages, played the single player game last year. In preparation for this gamecon thingy i have been playing it online for a while. Does any1 have any tips and tricks for me. I find the aiming a bit crazy, more spray and pray. Is there any way to make that damn crosshair any smaller :rolleyes: . Anything else u think will help me would be great :), thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Honestly the best advice about the crosshairs is to turn them off and make yourself use iron sites. It makes the game far better and makes you improve your aim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Iron sites??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Iron sites??

Oops I meant Iron sights. When you right click and you look down the weapon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Yep, iron sights tbh. The crosshairs are a waste of time. Accuracy will increase without them strangely enough. My advice is to turn them off now and get used to Iron Sights asap.

Also, Lean Left (default Q) and Lean Right (default E) will help when peeking around corners. Peek then move.

Your mouse and mousepad are very important. The better you have, the lower you can reduce Mouse Sensitivity. Lowering your mouse sensitivity will make your shots far more accurate. You will not turn as quickly but again, get used to it and your shot/kill ratio will increase.

Weapons are a matter of choice. If you do all the above and choose a rifle, you will be garaunteed one shot kills. Thats my personal experience of course.

If you find yourself against an enemy in close quarters, try Melee Attack (default Shift). If all else fails, switch to grenade, and drop it on the ground in front of you. Hopefully, your enemy wont hear or see it dropping through the confusion and even if you die, theres a good chance you will take the enemy with you. Sneaky I know, but that will teach him to mess with you eh.

If you use WASD to move, configure your Crouch, Jump and Melee buttons close to WASD. Theres no point having to look for your keys in a fire fight.

Try use a good headset and listen out for opponents running around. You can usually hear footsteps. This works booth ways. So when you are in a building, crouch to make yourself unheard.

Another tip when in buildings, if you need to use a stairs, always keep your aim at the top of the stairs. Walk backwards up the first flight of stairs works as sometimes camping enemies can shoot you in the back, waiting on the second flight of stairs.

Cant think of anything else. You may have your own style of course, this is just a guideline.

Happy gaming!

Edit: Going Prone ie lying on your belly, is effective at any range but especially long distances. Whe you see an enemy from a distance, go Prone as it makes you harder to hit and for you, its easier to shoot.

I dont think Im getting my advice mixed up with COD: United Offense or GFM for that matter. Please tell me if I am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

Good tips there...
    Also, Lean Left (default Q) and Lean Right (default E) will help when peeking around corners. Peek then move.

I bind "F" to Lean Right as I have "E" bound to use/activate.

I have "Left Shift" bound to speed boost/run quicker in OU/GFM.

"Crtl" is bound to melee.

Everthing is nice and close to hand, trick is not to panic :eek: when in a close encounter attack without the enemy. Just hit the melee button and keep dancing around (and pray)... WAH!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Iron sights are the way to get better too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Tomohawk wrote:
    Good tips there...

Thanks bud. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TheDuke

get yourself the Logitech MX510 mouse (or similar).

I have everything I need on it... the most important one is the sprint button. As you can sprint accross open spaces without a scratch. Melee, jump and crouch and prone are also all in the one hands.

For leaning is use Crtl and Number block INS with all the weapons on the INS, DEL, END, PG UP, etc section.

As for guns it really depends on your ping/lag and map. I only pick a rifle in 'open' maps. Otherwise I use the MP44 for mixed maps but you can run as fast... and for the true scirmish maps the Thompson is a must. You'll get a feel for what works best for you.

As for the crosshairs... I keep them on as I find aiming down the gun is sometimes not as accurate as when you shoot with a 'rested' cross hair... please don't ask why... ask the game developers :rolleyes:

Anyhow, have fun... a great game this!

The Duke

Advertisement