Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone ever encountered this before ?

Options
  • 02-08-2005 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Okay basically my problem is i has some sort of rash, in where my legs meet my body, i am a little overweight too btw. i have checked the web and it is either Jock itch or Intertrigo, it seems to occur every summer but this year it is at it's worst. Do any people here ever suffer from this sort of thing ? It is not an STD as i am a virgin and have never had any sexual experiences. I am using a cream called sudocrem and it is keeping it fairly cool and keeping the itch at bay. Is their any good over the counter ointments etc that might be good for this ? I am going to go to the GP if it dosen't start to clear away in 3 or 4 days.

Any help would be handy,
    thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,352 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Crotch rot?

Sweat is staying there and the bacteria are multiplying. Try wearing shorts after work and change your boxers as often as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

refrain from wearing jeans in hot weather. Wear lighter cotton trousers and suitable underwear that allows the skin to breathe...

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

thanks fellas, any good cream you could recommend also though, i am off the jeans and onto shorts and three boxer changes a day now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

I used to get something like that when I was a fat kid.

Try cycling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Gordo84

LAMISIL Cream. Apply once/twice a day for 7/14 days. This cream will do the trick. You can get it in any pharmacy. If you notice the rash returning in the future, use the cream again for a couple of days and it should keep the problem under control.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Talken Poweder and baby wipes after a poo ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,352 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Talken Poweder
    Talcum powder maybe?

Its likely a sweat issue, not a botty issue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bamboozled

Dont use sudocream for rashes like that. It seals the area and will just keep the infection in rather than curing it.

- Use cotton underwear rather than anything that has synthetic fibres in it. Cotton will let the skin breathe.
    - Dont share towels while you suffer from the rash. Use your own towel and dont let anyone else use it.
    - After a shower, make sure the area is completely dry before putting on clothes.

Go to your pharmacist and ask what the best cream for it is. They will give you something that is anti-fungal probably, and these usually have a cooling ingredient/sensation to help with the rash also (The same sort of creams women have gotten for thrush so if you've seen a tube in a female's bathroom, dont think anything strange of it).

Your best best would be to go to the doctors to get it diagnosed. All it would take is a simple sample on a thing like a cotton bud or a scraping, under a microscope, or some can be diagnosed on just appearance. I know it can be costly to go to a doctor, but if it happens every year at this time, you will know what to get for the future before it begins to get worse. If its not a bad case (as in doesnt take a long time to heal) and you dont need a strong cream that needs a prescription, you more than likely will be able to buy an over-the-counter treatment, that you can get every year in the run up to the normal time of the rash.

If it is a scaly rash or your shower gel/soap is irritating it, try showing with Emulave. You can get it in any pharmacy and some supermarkets. It doesnt have added smells or ingredients that can irritate your rash, while you have it.

Good luck, dont use sudocream or vaseline and keep the area as dry as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

quite surprised that this hasn't been closed down,

go seek advice at a pharmacy or your GP

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

without trying to be too cheeky:
    how often do you shower and change underpants ? are you sweating more these days?
    it might just be built up sweat eating into your skin.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

go to your doctor!
    B

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement