Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Franz Ferdinand decide to name their second album!

• 02-08-2005 6:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

They've decided to call it "You Could Have It So Much Better…With Franz Ferdinand". How odd.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

is it gonna be out soon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

BrightEyes wrote:
    is it gonna be out soon?

October 3rd - UK, so I presume it will be September 30th here

1st single ''Do You Want To'' is out 2 weeks beforehand

Looking forward to it very much. Absolutely smashing debut album so this album will really show how good Franz really are. I've read reviews about a few of the songs and the general impression they are on a par with the songs from the 1st album. Hopefully the newbie will avoid a case of 2nd album syndrome

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

will it be exactly the same and repetitive as the first one Zane??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

lordgoat wrote:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Sweetness!

The title of the album is weird but can't wait to hear it, I hope it's not gona be a big let down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

Cop-out!

Should be good though. *anticipates*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,032 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I remember seeing them interviewed on MTV saying that they wanted to call the second album 'Franz Ferdinand' or just leave it untitled with a graphic on the front... guess they compromised!

Thought their first album was very over-rated though, to be honest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

basquille wrote:
    I remember seeing them interviewed on MTV saying that they wanted to call the second album 'Franz Ferdinand' or just leave it untitled with a graphic on the front... guess they compromised!
    I believe that's the point of this thread.. the first album was also called 'Franz Ferdinand'
    Wikipedia wrote:
    Initially it was reported that the album would simply be self-titled like the debut album. Singer Alex Kapranos explained, "The whole point is that the album doesn’t have a title. We decided quite a while ago that we didn’t want to give any of the albums titles, they were just going to be called 'Franz Ferdinand'."

He adds, "The albums are going to be identified by their colour schemes rather than a title. The contrast of different colours creates a different mood. We experimented with different combinations of colours and this one stuck. At one level they looked good together, and they capture the mood of this record quite well."
    link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

lordgoat wrote:

No it couldn't because the 1st one wasn't repetitive. :rolleyes: but I will admit there were many other as good albums released last year that got nowhere near the press that Franz got.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭shuushh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Maharet

eskimo wrote:
    They've decided to call it "You Could Have It So Much Better…With Franz Ferdinand". How odd.

I think someone's been using sloganizer.net to come up with album names. ;):p
    I hope this good. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

Way back when, they said they were going to have all of their albums called "Franz Ferdinand", with the same cover art, in different colours, so fans could call them "Blue" or "Brown" or whatever. Which would have been great for a cult band, but Franz I suppose still have pretensions of hitting Coldplay levels for their third album.

Advertisement