Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bulk Ammo

Options
  • 02-08-2005 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭

i was looking to buy winchester .22wmr super X jhp in "bulk". Bulk meaning around 10-20 boxes. I'm getting them for €12 for a box of 50 at the moment so unless they're €2 cheaper its not worth it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Have a chat with whoever you usually buy your ammo from. See if they'll do a deal on the quantities you're talking about.
    Get hold of a copy of the Irish Shooters Digest, and start making phone calls.
    You'll get the best deal by buying a full 'case' of ammo, whatever that is in this case. :D

Erm.................. I assume you've gotten the ammunition limit on your licence upped to 1000 rounds?
    It's a part of the licencing system that's not particularly strictly observed, but it might lead to grief if you want to buy ammo from someone who doesn't know you.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

You might not get *that* big a discount though pitta, "bulk" with .22 ammo tends to mean tens of thousands. Though maybe it's different for .22 magnum?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

From memory, and I'm open to correction here, 22 ammo is supplied in cartons of 5000.
    Dealers normally purchase from the importers in smaller batches though, so don't worry too much about that. Like everything, make them an offer, see what they come up with.

Just be advised that the law of diminishing returns kicks in at some point. A dealer might not give you any more discount on 1000 than they did on 500, they still have to keep their margin and a make a few quid on the deal.

Advertisement