Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mighty Mouse

Options
  • 02-08-2005 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭

'Meet the mouse that reinvented the wheel. The scroll wheel, that is. At $49, Mighty Mouse features the revolutionary Scroll Ball that lets you move anywhere inside a document, without lifting a finger. And with touch-sensitive technology concealed under the seamless top shell, you get the programability of a four-button mouse in a single-button design. Click, roll, squeeze and scroll. This mouse just aced the maze.'

indextop20050802.jpg

http://www.apple.com/mightymouse/

First 2 right click mac mouse, looks good, costs 49 dollars, so assume its going to be 49 euro.

Right Click but no Right Button , interesting

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

it's pretty slick, they took their time with making a (sc)roll wheel (and a second button) but they sure have justified it. I can imagine just how good the scroll function would be for quark and photoshop.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

From The Register: "Apple hauls mouse technology into 1990s".

Hehe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

daveirl wrote:

That'll be when I buy one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Single-button looks,
    We've pissed the diehards off enough with that whole Intel stunt...
    multi-button charm
    ...but we're still appealing to the mass market. Love us. Please...

What the hell is the "squeeze" about? iMouseterbation?

Mind you, the rollball has some potential, mainly in graphics packages and navigating MacOS I should imagine though. I assume the "Scroll" function (almost as revolutionary as Shuffle, eh?) uses the rollball too? In that case, aren't they advertising the same thing under two different functions?

Seems like they're just trying too hard to make something sound wonderfully new and exciting, without it actually being anything like it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Fabulous features.

Fabulous prices.

I'll wait for the wireless one myself, TBH

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Fenster wrote:
    Fabulous features.

Fabulous prices.

I'll wait for the wireless one myself, TBH
    It's a normal mouse I don't see what's so fab about it - oh wait it's white and stylish AND it's apple. Oh well clearly fab then :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭sidekick

Has anyone actually used a Mighty Mouse yet? I'm curious to know what its like before I get one :) If you have used one, what's your verdict?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

wanna get one of these, do 3g or 02 have them yet?

• Advertisement

daveirl wrote:
    OK read this verdict here.
    while the Mighty Mouse is better than some I've tried, I'm not sure it's worth more than double the £15 I spent on the Logitech
    It's a gimmick and it does use a button - it's just a different shape, wow.

daveirl wrote:
    They are. They are simply two inputs just like on any other mouse except that it's badly hampered by the fact apple is trying to make it seem as if it's still one button.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Shadow_2k5

same idear as ipod with no click buttons that is its cool wonder will the intel & Mighty Mouse Make Apple Computers more atractive to windohs! users

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Shadow_2k5

heggie wrote:
    wanna get one of these, do 3g or 02 have them yet?

Spectra Apple Store In Dundrum will have em that when they open that is which is soon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I've just got one.
    Firstly it looks & feels very similar to the original mouse that
    came with my powermac. I've been using it with
    my Powermac and Mini, both running Panther. It works straight off (no drivers or anything like that) for left and right clicking, plus the scroll.
    The side buttons don't work though, and when I popped the cd into the machine to see if I could install software to get more functionality out of the mouse I discovered it only works with Tiger. So if you've only got Panther it's mostly a normal mouse. I prefer it to my logitech click plus though, it's light, very accurate, and the tiny scroll is much more effective than the large scroll wheels on ordinary mice (more scroll for less motion). Horizontal scrolling is great on my tiny iBook. You do have to take your left finger off the surface to right click, but I can live with that.
    I'm very happy with it - the next plan is to install the software on my 10.4 iBook and see what it's really like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

anywhere in dublin sellin these!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭sidekick

Picked mine up in the US last week. It's excellent; way better than the standard single button mouse. The left and right click are completely natural - it hasn't interpreted my clicks incorrectly yet.

The scroll button/wheel is a definite improvement over the traditional scroll wheel - you can move up/down/left/right with ease.

I can highly recommend it :)

Cheers

Advertisement