Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poison

Options
  • 02-08-2005 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭

You must realise
    That i am not the one
    Who spreads the poison.
    You are.

Every lie you tell,
    every sentence with my name,
    You spread more poison
    All around.

Your poison ruins lives,
    It nearly ruined mine,
    I have lost my friends,
    Thanks to your poison

Maybe you shuld try
    Being on the recieving end
    of your own poison-
    Bade ye goodbye

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭the raven

you should check out alice cooper...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It appears to be a bit simplistic.....a bit TOO simplistic I think? Not criticizing you, just giving my opening opinion on your piece.

It appears to be a bit simplistic.....a bit TOO simplistic I think? Not criticizing you, just giving my opening opinion on your piece.

what's wrong with criticism??? criticising someone isn't a damn negative thing!! get that into your head! your insulting them if you aren't criticising them, which you are anyway seeing as an opinion is still a criticism...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

"Bade ye goodbye"??
    This line is very out of place with the rest of the poem

Waltons wrote:
    "Bade ye goodbye"??
    This line is very out of place with the rest of the poem

ha! i didn't even notice that... couldn't finish it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

That's how I felt too. The other thread (Friends?) feels the same. It reads more like a diary entry than poetry, it doesn't seem to flow or feel like there's any real raw power or emotion to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Nidge

You must realise
    That i am not the one
    Who spreads the poison.
    You are.

Every lie you tell,
    every sentence with my name,
    You spread more poison
    All around.

Your poison ruins lives,
    It nearly ruined mine,
    I have lost my friends,
    Thanks to your poison

Maybe you shuld try
    Being on the recieving end
    of your own poison-
    Bade ye goodbye

Yeah I'm afraid this seems very like one of LeRack's poems that I commented on. All you seem to be doing is saying exactly what you want to say and unless the person is a murderer the poison is the only metaphor or technique used to conceal the way the person you are talking about has effected you in reality. As someone said it's like a diary entry possibly even a letter to the person who is the subject of the poem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

not one of your best dear and "Bade ye goodbye" wha?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

For all of yeer info, this was another of my 2am poems. The Bade ye goodbye came out of nowhere, it just managed to fit, I want that person out of my life type thing. Seeing that I actaully took them out of my life earlier that night, it was a diary entry. I'll try better next time.

Advertisement