Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spoilers: Oceanic-air.com + season 2 spoilers?

Options
  • 02-08-2005 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭

what do they mean?

what does "they're not the survivors they thought they were" mean?
    and how is boone talking to himself (or what sounds like himself) on the radio in deus ex machina?
    and how do the new survivor(s) come into it?

any ideas?

:confused: ....very confused atm.... :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Bawpsherep

The line "they're not the survivors they thought they were" I'd assume refers to the fact that there's other survivors from the plane crash on the island somewhere (eg. Anna Lucia, Bernard and perhaps others from the rear section).

Boone isn't talking to himself. I'd assume he's talking to the rear section survivors. He says "we're the survivors of flight 815" and the reply is "No WE'RE the survivors of flight 815".

I'd also assume the new cast members show up when Jin, Sawyer and Michael find their way back to land.

But no *real* answers to those questions have been revealed yet. Those are just the most logical assumptions i can make. Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

"Boone isn't talking to himself. I'd assume he's talking to the rear section survivors. He says "we're the survivors of flight 815" and the reply is "No WE'RE the survivors of flight 815"."

Ye the writers confirmed this,which is very interesting! :D They were annoyed people thought it said "There are no survivors of Flight 815".

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

listen to it it sounds exactly like boone on the other end of the radio tx. i was on another forum and someone said they ran a programme to convert it into text and it outputted only 2 voices Boones(both sides of the radio) and Locke....

where are the tail section survivors getting a radio from and how are they listening at the exact same time and on the exact same frequency. i realise it says we're the survivors...

also if there are other survivors(which there is at least one) how does that change what kind of surviviors they are?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Bawpsherep

I was only passing on my own assumptions and what I've read in articles. You have to realise that with a show like Lost, the answers come around very slowly, so be patient! Your own guess is as good as mine or anyone elses at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

so many questions though, 50 days? i cant wait that long!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

tvnutz wrote:
    "Boone isn't talking to himself. I'd assume he's talking to the rear section survivors. He says "we're the survivors of flight 815" and the reply is "No WE'RE the survivors of flight 815"."

Ye the writers confirmed this,which is very interesting! :D They were annoyed people thought it said "There are no survivors of Flight 815".

i always thought it said "there was no flight 815" which would fit into the whole theory about their being a different flight but i know im wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Ye I was rewinding it a few times to try hear what it was. "Closed Captioning" in the US (whatever that is,subtitles?) said it was "There are NO survivors". The writers were pretty pissed off with that because they were adamant it was "No,WE are the survivors",and then a promo taht ran for the next ep showed the clip again,but slowed down the radio message,and it definatly said "We are the survivors". And it wasnt boone's voice either. Pity they didn't just make it clearer first time around!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Yea ... I just watched back that clip now with the headphones on and they say "no we are the survivors...".

Never spotted that the first time I watched it. Clearly whatever survivors there are have a radio that words at least and have a powersource thats decent enough that they can keep it turned on and running waiting for a signal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

...and Michelle Rodriguez is going to be one of them.
    *fap.

*ahem

Advertisement