Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reptile Stores

Options
  • 02-08-2005 10:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭

Im thinking of turning one of our aquariums into a vivarium and getting repiles. Can anybody point me in the right direction of petstores etc for this type of thing?

Thanks

Paul

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

hey paul, try the boardwalk petshop on the quays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭cooper_man

thanks mate, i might drop in htis afternoon.

Can anybody give me any advice on what to go for. Its my first reptile, i am very interested in snakes and dragon lizards rather than geckos.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Bearded Dragon is what Id recommend.Very easy to keep once set up correctly.Excellent starter lizard.

Bear in mind that you will need UVB and correct temperature.Beardies need 105f basking spot with between 75-85 background temps.
    I find that a 60 watt spot bulb at one end usually achieves these temperature depending on the height of the cage.

As for shops Reptile Haven on Fishamble street is the one I use.Hes around the corner from Boardwalk pets so you could try both before making a decision.

thanks mate, whereabouts is reptile haven? Is that heading up towards christchurch from the quays?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Yep thats it--Doesnt open on Tuesdays though.Wednesday to Sunday only.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 SiG-NOSiS

There is a Shop on Parnell Street near Lidl.

They have DownStairs, some good stuff, not my cup of tea tho.

HTH

SiG

cheers guys, i was in with the guys from the boardwalk and they are swaying me towards getting a corn snake to be honest! ill head into the reptile haven tomorrow.

Corns are great.Only thing I find with them is that they take forever to reach their full size.My one is 2 years old and still only 2 ft long and still as thin as say your little finger despite it taking 2 fuzzys per week.

If I was buying another snake Id go for a Royal Python(Ball python some places call them).Bit more bulky and just as easy to keep as corns.
    Price wise they are similar aswell.

Advertisement