Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Invasion' Pilot

Options
  • 02-08-2005 2:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 43,810 ✭✭✭✭

A bit disappointed with this, to be honest! Even the brillant William Fichtner couldn't save it!

Started to pick up towards the end... would make a decent short Stephen King miniseries! But as for a series... i don't think it will work at all!

Anyone else seen it? Opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,470 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'll be quite interested to see where this goes.... You're right, it did feel like a Stephen King miniseries. I can't imagine how they'll sustain a body snatchers rip off in a small town for 22 episodes, never mind for a few years....

Its not on Fox, so at least it'll get a half decent run at it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 43,810 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Sorry if my above post seems rushed - i didn't really specify too much about why i didn't like the actual but i knew Boards would be backing up it's database around 3 and wanted to get in that post before it went temporarily offline!

Let me elaborate more.. i liked William Fichtner but the man has such an impressive career that he really didn't belong in this.

I also despised some of the dialogue. I especially can't stand the sort of dialogue that establishes everyone's relationship to each other within the first 5 minutes of the pilot. For example - forgot most of the character's names and exact dialogue but dialogue goes something like this:

Woman: "She's their mother.. she's just worried about them!"
    Man: "I'm their father.. they'll be fine!"

Man: "My pregnant wife shouldn't be reporting!"

Also moved very very slow!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Certainly not a new idea, doubt I'll bother watching it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Ill give it a go...I dont mind if a show is slow...anyone watch Carnivale? Its first season was very slow.

Advertisement